My History

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Perfect Ring

March is a great month for Corey and I. It's the month we got married, the month Jack came to us, and that time of year when we finally start to see some sunshine again. In March I usually start thinking about the past and my many blessings. Today was no different. It was a special day because I decided to wear my wedding ring.

That may not sound so fantastic to you all, but for me it is a big deal. I don't wear it often because it is a family heirloom, and I am terrified of losing or damaging it. As I put it on, and throughout the rest of the day I have been thinking about my ring, and all the wonderful memories it brings back of Corey and me.

The ring was given to Corey by his mother, who inherited it from her Grandma. Corey was the lucky boy in the family to get it because he was the first to get married in the temple.

I don't remember exactly when Corey told me I would be getting his family ring, but I remember worrying that it would be totally old fashioned, or in really bad condition and that I would be stuck with it forever, and never be able to say a word about not liking it. SO BRATTY right?!? I am ashamed that I ever thought those things, but that is the truth.

Then one night Corey showed it to me. He was trying to hide it from me until he proposed but the boy can't keep things from me. For instance, he knew I wanted a surprise proposal, and therefor had to not plan it until the very day he did it because he knew he would tell me about it! Anyway one night he showed it to me. I was really nervous when he handed me the box, and kept saying to myself "even if you don't like it make sure it doesn't show in your face!" but boy did I not need that type of preparation at ALL! I looked at the ring and it was one of those "we were meant to be," kind of moments.

My ring is perfect. If I could have had every ring in the world lined up before me I am certain that I would have chosen the very ring I have. It is beautiful, femenine, timeless, and just so PERFECT! I love everything about it, and I love that it is a family ring.

Even better than the ring though, was the man who came with it. Thank you Corey for my perfect ring, thank you for marrying me in the temple, and thank you for 4 years of wonderful memories... I love you :)

3 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Ashlee..that blog made laugh but also I don't think you should feel to bad about feeling that way because probably so would every other girl. And when you said that when you saw the template for your blog and thougth it was you..haha I did the same thing but for mine! Good times!

Unknown said...

I love that you shared this story! It sounds like you have a really wonderful man and family. I love your new template it inspired me to change mine as well. I love you Ash!!! Hugs, Aunt Jodi

coryshay said...

I love your new template! And I loved the story... I want to see a picture of your ring now... I can't remember what it looks like! And I want to know where you live now