So I still can't put pictures up, so I thought I'd do some stories.
Sometimes we feel like Jack is kind of extreme... as in really happy or really not happy, really sweet or really rude, really nice or really mean. Let me give you a few examples.
Example One:
I heard Jack playing with Alaster in the boys room. Jack was doing something to make Alaster laugh really hard. I came in to take a peek at what was so funny and Jack was sitting next to Alaster, and he put his hand on his shoulder and kind of sighed as he said "I like him." So sweet huh?
Contrast that with this...
We were walking through Target, Jack was sitting in the front of the cart, and Alaster was in his car seat sitting in the back of the cart. Jack was grumpy about something (I think we told him no about something he wanted) and he was moodily sulking and not saying anything. Corey and I were talking and Alaster was cooing cutely and happily. There was kind of a lull in Corey and I's conversation so all you could hear was Alaster, and Jack got annoyed at Aly's happiness and turned around to him and grumped "Be quiet, BABY." So rude! (it made us laugh of course, but I think we concealed it from him pretty well)
Example 2:
We like to wrestle in our family, and Jack's new, cute way of basically telling us that he's going to knock us down is "I'm a love you down!" Meaning I am going to give you such a big hug that it will knock you over! (This actually started when one day I kissed his forhead a little too hard and knocked him over... I told him "Sorry Jack, I loved you down!") Anyway it's really cute when he says that.
Not so cute is when he tells me and Corey when he's angry "I'm a hit your head off!"
Example 3:
It sure makes a momma feel good when he sweetly comes over and touches my hair so softly and says "I love your hair mom!" or "momma, such a pretty shirt! I like it!" or "I LOVE your ring mom!"
It does not make me feel good when he says (be sure to accentuate every word of this as you read it in your head- because that's what he did) "Mom, you're a BIG...HUGE...GIRL!!!"
Last but not least...
It makes me feel so needed and loved when Jack comes to tell me that he wants to play with me. He usually will run up to me and say something like "You can come play cars with me in my room!" He will be so enthusiastic about it with a big grin on his face. It's irresistable!
Something I was not so enthusiastic about happened this week when my maintenance man Dusty came to fix our sink. Jack was watching him in the kitchen of course, while I fed Alaster in the next room. After Aly had finished I went to check on Jack and he said "You go back to the living room mom." Dusty stuck up for me and said "Maybe your mom needs something in here." Then Jack turned to him and with all the sass in the world said to him "She NEEDS a go back in the living room." I don't know where he got such sass. There was even a tilt of the head that went with it!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ha ha!! I love Jack stories!! I'm sure they're not so funny to you when he's being naughty, but it's great entertainment for the rest of us!! :)
Wow! That gave me quite the chuckle. What a little sassafrass! I have a feeling Parker is headed that way when he can say more things. Cute blog!
Post a Comment