My History

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Simple Things

There's nothing like children to remind you to enjoy the simple things in life.

In his easter package from Gram and Grampa in Illinois he got some bubbles. This was the look of pure happiness on his face as he blew the first bubbles of the season.



Jack frequently reminds me to enjoy the small things actually. Just last month we got to go to a new office tower because our pediatrician switched buildings. When we got there he was all aglow and saying things like "I LIKE this new garage!" (the parking lot under the building) and "Cool Door!" and then when we got to her office and he used the bathroom he said "I like this new bathroom! It's NICE!" I love what a joy it is to watch the boys discover new things and be SO excited about it, even if it is just the new pediatricians office.

This post is officially dedicated to a few of the little things lately that have made me happy.

A- Hanging out at home with my family. Corey was reading and happened to have his hat on, so Jack went and got his hat, and plopped down with him.





B- Watching Corey get excited (kind of like Jack) about little things. He got to try some Wendsleydale Cheese the other day and he was so cute about it. He's been wanting to try it ever since he heard about it on Wallace and Grommit, and we look for it everywhere, then finally we found some!



C- Seeing Alaster in cute/funny outfits. Are these not the most adorable little easter PJ's? (Thanks Gram and Grampa Burton!) The little yellow spots are ducks. The picture doesn't do it justice. It fit so tightly around his little arms, and totally accentuated his round tummy. I put it on him and there was much laughing and kissing. He had no idea what I was going so crazy for, but I sure enjoyed myself.



D- Alaster's Smiles. I took these pictures when he was eating the other day. He had been so hungry, and he wasn't being shy about telling me so. I put him in the high chair and he was all anxious and squirmy for the food. I gave him a bite and smiled at him and even though he was so hungry he couldn't help but smile back, and all the green beans dribbled out. I just love that he will smile at me whenever I ask him too.



There are lots more I could add, but that's it for now. I hope we can all learn from the kids in our life, and enjoy the small stuff :)

1 comment:

coryshay said...

Oh, how fun!! I know I say it on every blog post, but you have the cutest boys ever!! How fun... 7 more weeks and I'll have a little playmate for Ally! Hope she's half as cute and fun as him :)