





Water guns from Big Lots: $1.50... not a bad investment for how much fun they had together. I was a little sad that only two guns came in the package because I got totally wet since I had nothing to arm myself with, but by far Jack got it the worst. Corey is ruthless! It was quite an intense water fight. We did it inside our apartment and if you know the layout, there is lots of places to hide and pop out, and you don't ever quite know where everyone is, but you know that they are probably close. It was fun.



Lately Jack has been into pretending a lot more. It's nice that he doesn't have every toy that he wants so he can use his imagination to create one thing into another. He makes a little sit down Mater toy that Ed gave him into a riding lawn mower, he makes the arm rest of our chair his motorcycle, and here is him and I together making ties and tennis rackets our costumes to play Book of Mormon Lamanites and Nephites, and we're gonna say that since we already had this stuff the price was: FREE!

Another totally free activity: The PARK! We LOVE living so close to Murray Park. We walk there a couple times each week. Alaster really likes to go down the slides, and he is pretty darn stable and doesn't need a lot of support. Also he has loved just holding my fingers and walking all over. Jack of course wants to make friends with all the other kids. The first time we went there in the spring this year, we walked over to the play place and Jack ran into the middle and leaned his ear up in the air and made this face like he was listening to what all the kids were screaming and saying while they were playing, and he said "WHAT?!?.... My names JACK! Okay!" Then off he ran to play and make new friends. Some kids are really responsive and others are not, but he likes to try and make friends with everyone. I really like that about him. If any kid says "hey come..." whatever... he just smiles and says "Okay." and runs after them to go play. Also Jack is really into climbing on things (especially since he found out that Spiderman can climb up big huge buildings)









Also free: put silly things on your childs head and see how they react. My Aunt Nat always reminds me that children are not just play things, but I can't help it. It's so fun, and I swear he didn't really mind.


Whoever said that "the best things in life are free," was a smarty pants. I love to hear peoples stories of cheap, fun entertainment. There is someone in my family, who shall remain nameless just in case they don't want this story told, who in their poor-stage of early marriage one night took turns making their bodies go completely limp and the other one would try and move them. They told me how silly they got and how much fun it was. I think they said it started when they got wondering if there was an emergency, like a fire or something, and one of them passed out if the other one would be able to save them or not. I LOVE that story.
I remember when Jack was first born I got a yoga ball to get back in shape (which never happened) and then Corey and I got silly and started a game where he would lay on top of the ball and I would get on his back and hold on for dear life as he tried to buck me off. It is one of my favorite memories.
I really am so glad that you don't have to be rich to have fun and enjoy the good things in life. I would love to hear any of your poor stories...
3 comments:
I love it!!! You are so smart. I can't think of any great stories, but you have given some great ideas. I love that you play out Book of Mormon stories with Jack. What a great mom you are!
haha dorks! :-) I love it!
Love the stories! I especially love that someone else out there has played "Limp Leaf of Lettuce." That's the laying totally limp game that I thought I created with my little brother 8-ish years ago! I now play the game with John whenever I'm a little hyper. I'll give John a hug and then just go limp. He has to figure out what to do with me and not drop me. So far I've been lucky!
Post a Comment