We made a special father's day hat on Saturday night and gave it to him sunday morning. It was quite an ordeal, but totally worth it. I think I feel a tradition in the making... Jack was so excited to give it to him in the morning. It's a shame he couldn't wear it to church. But you know what he DID wear to church? A shirt that I ironed for him. I don't usually do that so it was special :)




Jack and I have been practicing singing "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home." for about a month every night before he goes to bed, and Jack sang it to him after lunch. He was kind of embarassed about it, but still really excited and after the first line he stopped and asked Corey so cute "do you like the song daddy?"
Then for lunch I made him a ham, potato, cheese and tomato omlette. Yummy! We're really in to omlettes lately.

I love how much Jack looks up to Corey and I wanted to share some stories that I think illustrate it very well.
#1 Jack has been really in to pretending to be people lately, and he during these times he insists that we call him by whatever it is he is being- usually it's spiderman. He thinks spiderman is THE COOLEST. So yesterday after Corey was done wearing the hat Jack had a turn, and I said "hey spiderman cool hat!" and he said - in a very super-hero type voice... "I'm not spiderman, I'm DADDY!"

#2 Jack frequently tells me cute things like "I'm a go to school and I'm a work HARD for you mom. I'm a work hard for you like daddy." Or the same thing only saying he will go to work and work hard for me like daddy.
#3 This happened a while back and I have thought about it frequently. Jack broke a toy and I was the only parent home, and I told him we would need to wait for daddy to come home and fix it, and he said "Daddy knows everything." then with a little dejected sigh and sad face he said "I don't know anything." It was really sad, but also so sweet that he thinks Corey knows everything.
Also even though Alaster can't talk I know that he already looks up to and loves his daddy very much. He ALWAYS smiles when Corey comes home, and Corey is so good at making him laugh and playing with him.
I'm really glad that the boys love him so much and already aspire to be like him, because in my opinion he is someone worth emulating.
Also I know Corey is very grateful to be a father. He couldn't be prouder of his two little guys, and loves to spend every second of time that he can with them.
I hope you all had a great Father's Day too!
4 comments:
What a darling hat you guys made! Happy Fathers Day Corey! You are such a great dad!
That is a pretty sweet hat man!! Lucky!! Maybe I will get a cool hat like that next year!!
That is a great hat. What a great daddy your boys have!!
I'm going to have to call you about the ummy troubles...we even went to the er last night because it was that bad and of course they were like "she's fine!" very frustrating!!
Post a Comment