We drove ALL night Friday (I didn't sleep ONE WINK basically because I am so danged paranoid)and we got there early Saturday morning. Grandma fed us and sent me to bed. Bless her. She took care of the boys who had slept the way so that I could catch some z's.
Saturday morning I bundled the boys up and took them for a walk to show them the sights and sounds of little Ramah. I think the row of school buses was the highlight.


When we got home we played a little in Gram and PaPa's yard. Jack had fun playing basketball, cleaning the fence, and looking at bugs. Aly didn't like the grass at first, but he got used to it :)






The afternoon we just spent hanging out at Gram and Papa's with everyone. We were still really tired. Papa and Alaster had a chance to bond. He even got Alaster to take a few steps to me. While we were there Aly's crawling and walking attempts really took off. There were so many new things to see! Lots of motivation for a little guy :)





That night we had a special treat from Grandma Luella. She took us out to her new favorite restaurant. It was so nice of her to take us all out. We had a great time.
Pay special attention to the picture of Jack and Papa. I am extremely sad that the only picture that I got of them together was this one. It's not surprising though. I wasn't invited to all the activities they did together. They were special Jack and Papa bonding things. Jack got to help Papa with the fire pit for our barbeque on sunday, accompany him to the GARAGE where he had 2 WEED WACKERS AND A LAWN MOWER AND A LEAF BLOWER!!! , and see Papa's tools in the "crypt," (so named because it is a shed that they built with my grandma's burial money) which was full of TOOLS! Also he got to help Papa with other fun "guy," things. Jack felt very important to be so trusted, and I thought it was so kind, and patient of Papa to include him like that. I loved hearing Jack's versions of the stories of what happened after he got back from these activities. He told me about helping with the fire and it was all pretty normal then he laughed and said "and Papa was so silly with the shovel." Papa was in the room and that was news to him. He was glad Jack got a kick out of him just doing what he had to with the coals.
Jack did NOT want to leave this trip and it was because of Papa I am pretty sure. The picture of them here is of Papa teaching Jack how to spin the silverware on our table while we were waiting for food. I just love my Papa. Have I ever told you that? I do. My Grandma and Papa are such hero's to me. I find them adorable, hardworking, generous and WONDERFUL.
I was also really glad to get a pic with me and Grandma Luella. I don't think I had any...





Stay tuned for part two... actually for a LOT of pictures. I have been a blogging slacker! Lots of catching up to do...
2 comments:
It looks like your trip was so much fun! What a blast!
What a blessing that you got to go down and see your grams and papa! I know my kids just love you and are glad you came to. Jesse said "mom Ash, Aunt Lizzies daughter is so cool!" We love you Ash!
Post a Comment