My History

Thursday, July 31, 2008

So Selfish

We have had a fantastically busy month! It's total shame because I normally have nothing exciting to post about but this month I DO however I havbe had no time to sit down and do it. Then I saw this Tag on Shayla's blog and I just really wanted to do it. Totally selfish. I should be posting things about my family, but this is quick and easy. They goal is to start blogging again by MONDAY! HOORAH!



So the tag is called memory lane. All you do is leave a comment on the post about a memory you have of me and you together. I kind of hope that someone will do it. I am a total cheeser and love to commiserate about good times gone by... I also encourage you all to make this post on your own blogs. I for sure would participate!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So I have a million of them and I can't pick just one...ugh!

I guess my favorite memory was meeting you and Calvin for the first time before I even married Lester. We were totally gaming and chillin'. We were friends from the get go and I just love and adore you so much! I can't believe you have kids of your own now!!!

My second favorite was at your mothers funeral. I was a wreck! I didn't expect it to be so hard for me. But, I didn't get to see her again after the divorce. I sat through your amazing talks and totally knew your mom was there because I could feel her love! I sat alone and bawled like a baby. Then at the grave side you rushed to me and hugged me. I needed it. It meant more than you can ever know. I love you so much Ash!

I have this on my blog as well but its called something different. So when life slows down you should hit me with a memory to. I like stuff like this as well.

Hugs girl. You are awesome!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

One of my favorite memories would be when we would have sleep over or late nights and make your great cookie dough and eat so much that then we were gonna puke...and talking about boys..oh silly boys.

Pokemon said...

I have to agree with Amber on the whole cookie-dough, movie watching, and talk all night about boys and/or spiritual things (they go hand-in-hand right?). Those were great times! Can you believe that was 6 years ago now!?! Crazy! -Paige

coryshay said...

they stole mine!!!!! I was going to say watching Le Corsaire and eating cookie dough, but let me think of another one...well some of my best memories with you have been just sitting and talking with you, oh and when we went to go get the latest Harry Potter together and we had to start reading it the second we got to my house,,,no matter that we were losing out on visiting time! I also was thinking of your baby shower cuz it was very fun to see you pregnant and it was the last time I got to see your mom. The list could go on and on and on...love ya!

Lindsi said...

So many funny great moments but for so reason I have the most vivid picture of playing a Survivor board game at your house. I got voted off the island first (lame) and then went and watched "What About Bob" in the basement with the boys. I could hear your awesome laugh and was totally jealous that I was out of the game. You might not even remember that night but I am obviously still sad about it. Also, I always wanted you to tell me about your OCD with uneven things. I found it facinating. :)

Cal and Whit said...

I would not even know where to start...so I will pick one of my most recent memories of you, well of the last time I was with you. Watching you pray with Jack before he went to bed, on our recipe/girls night. It was one of those times in my life, where I was reminded that some things are definitely worth the wait, and to take time out for, and enjoy little moments.

Brooke said...

hum.....your cute halloween decorations at victoria house always make me smile! you were so tickled with yourself about them! ....clean a neighbors apt out...yuck....and plenty of we are board cause or men are working nights.

Stephanie said...

Shayla took mine-watching ballet videos and verbalizing what the dancers were saying. I do love to remember your fun jazz pants that you could put up around your shoulders and walk around with no arms. I remember you coming to my English class in High School to ask me to teach your tap class. The problem was I didn't know tap. You taught me right there in my class with all the hands and sayings "step smash the bug" with the teacher wondering what was going on.

Melinda said...

Oh I have so many great ones to choose from! I have to agree with Paige and Amber about cookie dough. I also loved other sleepovers we had as we laid on the bed in the extra bedroom and tried to fling our legs as high as possible.

I will also always remember our days at Sharon Elementary: the first day we met with our matching W's, the day Mr. Hall used you as a human reciprocal, playing soccer and other games at recess, etc.

I have so many other great ones, but the best are when we just talked, and I will always remember the way you've always been there for me! You're the best!

Also, thanks for coming to see me yesterday. That was so nice, and it was so good to see you!

katers said...

So, I think mine takes the cake. I mean, we've all got to eat cookie dough with you it looks like, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's had a dog fall down my pants while you were taking a walk with me. And you were still willing to be my friend! And, when I cheated at UNO and totally denied it, and playing monopoly until like 3 in the morning and we couldn't stand it anymore.

Utah Dancer said...

I remember the first time I saw you dance, and I swear my first thought was--are you kidding me? How does so much power come in such a little body!! Soon I got to know your kindness and your "funniness" I was hooked for life! One of my favorite memories of you is teaching you that Carmen variation I choreographed for you. You handled it so well and you made me proud--just like you always did and still do!

Anonymous said...

My favorite memory of you (and Corey too) was when we went to the fireworks at BYU and rocked out to Guns n Roses afterwards. Welcome to the Jungle!

Priceless!

deemom said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA
Usually memories of you involve your mama
I just love talking with you and seeing her thru you
You are such a great mom!!
The stories about Jack and you scaring him are PRICELESS!!! Those boys will one day call themselves
blessed of all men because their mom was Ashlee Marie. WE all love you and adore you
love aunt deedee