My History

Friday, September 12, 2008

Meet Tom and Huck

The newest members of our family:



We love Tom and Huck...especially Alaster. He finds them fascinating!!! Jack just likes to feed them and mostly doesn't even remember they are there. I really like them a lot especially since I have found a kindred spirit in one of them. What?!? you might be asking yourself? Well let me explain. Huck is a litte... Dramatic. Exhibit A:



Don't worry folks he's not dead. Like I said: just dramatic. He sometimes likes to pretend he's dead just to make sure we still love and appreciate his presence in our home. The first time it happened he got me good. He layed there like that: TOTALLY BELLY UP not moving a muscle for a good half hour. It was the second day that we had him.

I was so upset and concerned, and I wasn't ready to flush him. Corey normally takes care of those types of things. So I just tried to make sure the kids weren't looking. Then I braced myself to take care of it when I walk over to the tank and WHALAAA (is that how you spell that?!?) He starts swimming around like nothing is wrong. At first I wondered if maybe he was still on the brink of death and I had just scared him out of it for the moment, but really and truly we have had him for 2 weeks now and he is FINE! He just routinely goes belly up for a while. Maybe that's how he sleeps?!? I don't know.

Personally, I think he's one lucky little fish. If someone with a little more guts to be able to take care of dirty jobs had been the mommy around here he would have taken a whirly ride on the porcelain express. Risky little game he played don't you think?!?

3 comments:

coryshay said...

awww... how fun!

Cal and Whit said...

ha ha ha! I love Huck! What a cute story!

Jen said...

Ashlee! This is Jen Robertson. I come and stalk your blog every once in a while (I found it through links on other people's blogs). I hope that's not too creepy. It looks like you are doing so well! I still think about you sometimes. You are so great.