
I bought you in 2004. You were the perfect pair of jeans. I was completely satisfied with you. You were long enough for me. You sat high enough and comfortably on my waist. You were durable and flattering on my legs.
You stuck with me through the years and you have scars to prove it. There's the wart remover on the left knee. The paint on the back of the right leg. The countless holes and tears and strings hanging off that remind me how hard you have worked for me.
Sure we were criticized as a pair. I remember one friend telling me "If I see you wear those jeans one more time I SWEAR I will buy you new ones myself." But others admired us and used us as an example. One uncle said "The next time my wife bugs me about my jeans with a tiny hole in one knee I will remind her of you."
Yeah my knees were cold the past two winters. I admit it. But I didn't care! How could I get rid of my best pair of jeans EVER? I made a promise to wear you FOREVER!!!
But forever has to end when there are holes in the bum. It's a deal breaker.
Goodbye best jeans I ever had! Thank you for all you did for me! I shall be hard pressed to find another pair as wonderful as you...
ps- the picture doesn't do the jeans justice. I think they would win an award for most worn out jeans to ever be worn by a human being. Considering though that I usually only own two pairs of pants at a time I think they held up pretty well don't you?
pps- this is my 100th post! Yay for me and yay for blogs!
3 comments:
If I could find the perfect pair of jeans, I would hold on to them for as long as possible too! I'm very impressed that you were able to make those last for four years. I hope that you're able to find some new jeans that bring you at least half as much joy!
Hooray for your 100th post! That is cool! Also, I love your little love note to your favorite pair of jeans! It was so much fun to read!
You shouldn't get rid of these babies. You should make a jean quilt with them. Then the memories are never gone! John has a boxer quilt (gross I know) and he loves to remember his old undies. :)
Post a Comment