I love Saturday mornings. No work, no pressure, just time dedicated to playing with the boys. This is Jack as the KING. He's been wanting a crown for a long time... so we decided just to make one. Also he needed a cape. I thought the white sheet looked good, but he told me it was too heavy.
So we did a pillowcase instead and also we had to add "Hero Bracelets" (He watched Hercules and liked that particular part of his get-up) So here is the finished product:
He played atop his noble steed RODY for a while but then he got bored and decided he needed to go to the park to find some friends to show his King costume too and to play with.
So we did. It was a really great day for a trip to the park. We packed a little pasta salad (I learned from my Del Taco trip) and walked on over.
On the way Jack jibber-jabbered about EVERYTHING that had recently been on his little mind:
"Mom what do YOU want to be for Halloween?"
"I think you should be a spider. Or should I be a spider?"
"Do you want to be a witch?"
"Look at that little fruit plant! Heavenly Father made that little fruit plant. He made EVERYTHING!!! He made my swimming lessons, and the trees, and the water."
"Heavenly Father and Jesus want us to be nice and to obey."
"When I get to the park I'm gonna tell that boy 'look! I'm a KING!'"
"Can you see my crown mom? Can you see the yellow part? Can you see the green part? What about now?"
and on and on it went. Only occasional "Yep"s were needed from me. I thought about how much he has grown and all that he knows. I love how much he talks to me right now and hope that he always will.
Also isn't my Alaster cute? This picture has nothing to do with the king or our trip to the park today, but I took this picture the other day and LOVED it. More Alaster posts to come.



3 comments:
Cal and I love coming in here to check out what you have written. We love the "king" and the pics to illustrate the story. So darling. Such a cute story, and darling little boys! That pic of Aly is adorable! We love your boys!!
Ash. Your posts warm my heart. Your boys are beautiful. It is clear you are an exceptional mother. Jack knows so much about his Father in Heaven. I love you.
Saturday mornings are definitely the best! You made a great King outfit!
Post a Comment