My History

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Devouring

Today I did something I LOVE to do. Something I wish I could do more often, but still do probably more than I should.
Today I DEVOURED a book.

In the morning the boys and I walked to the library. We came out with some Thanksgiving books, Super-Hero books (Jack's choice), yoga books, and a fun read for me that I have been wanting for a while (Austenland by Shannon Hale if you are curious- but it wasn't really so much about WHAT I was reading today- although sometimes it is).
Then it happened: I started reading it and didn't feel like stopping... so I didn't.
I have better things to do today. My list of things to do for the apartments is massive at the moment... but occasionally I don't care. I let myself take pretty much a whole day and just READ, READ, READ until I finish it. It's one of my top favorite me-time activities.
I am sure I will pay for it dearly. I will hit real-life again pretty hard tommorrow, and probably stay up really late working, but I really don't mind.

There's nothing like losing yourself in a good read.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I completely agree! I have those days, and I feel like I just want to keep reading and reading for as long as my little heart desires, and I don't even care what I neglect. I'm glad to hear someone else has days like these too.