
Dear Cindy,
Do you remember the first time I met you? I still remember the first time I saw you in person. You and Ed came to pick us up at the airport to join you for Thanksgiving, and we saw you before you saw us. I remember when you guys finally saw us you threw your hands up with an excited motion and rushed over to hug your son. I remember thinking you were cute.
During Thanksgiving time I always think about that very first trip to Champaign, when Corey and I were just barely engaged. I remember how warm and cozy your house was, and how equally warm and welcoming you were to me. For some reason I have a very vivid memory of you finding me in the hallway and handing me a pair of warm fuzzy socks while telling me "ALL the girls MUST have cute socks." It was a little thing that you were doing for everyone and maybe not a big deal to you, but the fact that I was included in that "all the girls," was a big deal for me. In that small little moment I knew that you were accepting me into the family. That by giving me the fuzzy socks I was now "one of the girls." It may sound silly and sentimental, but it's really how I felt, and I really do remember that little moment every Thanksgiving.
I know that I am lucky with how well I have been received into the family. Not everyone has in-laws who really treat them like one of their own, and I am SO glad that I do. There are so many things in addition to this that make me grateful to have you in my life.
I am thankful for your frequent reminders that things will work out the way the Lord wants it to. That children come when they are supposed to come. That Corey will go to school and get a job where he is meant to go to school and get a job, and furthermore that you can be happy for us when that happens whether it brings your precious grandchildren closer to you or not!!! That's REAL love.
I am thankful for your example of service. You are a devoted friend. You serve so willingly and tirelessly in the church, even above and beyond what you are ASKED to do. You are a fantastic mother and grandmother.
There is more to write, but I will try not to embarass you too much in one shot, and save a few other things for another time.
Just know I love you, and I appreciate you. I am so glad you gave me those warm fuzzy socks and accepted me into the fam. Hope your Thanksgiving is WONDERFUL.
And since I know you love them so much... how about a few of pictures of your favorite Grandchildren? Scroll Down and Enjoy!!!
4 comments:
I love it! And also below the pics of your boys..I love the Jack's face while sittin on the couch with Al..it's hilarious! You really have the cutest boys!
That was so nice. Can I ask why the picture of Nacho Libre? I feel like I missed something.
I obviously read #2 before #1 because it was on my google reader in that order. I get in now. :)
What a sweet tribute to Cindy, and your boys look adorable.
Post a Comment