Oh dear. Today a member of the Primary Presidency came and got Jack and the other soon to be sunbeams out of nursery for the last hour to go to Primary.
Ever since the Primary Program Jack has been anxiously awaiting the day that he would go to Primary. We have talked a lot about it, and then we told him that on Sunday he would get to go after he played in nursery with us for a while. (Corey and I are the nursery leaders)
Oh the rapture! Oh the bliss! I will never forget the look on his face when I told him it was time. I won't do it justice, but I'll try to explain anyway. I said "Jack! Time to go to Primary Kiddo!" he looked flustered and excited... as if it was something that he had anticipated for so long and the realization of this long awaited moment was just too much. He started pacing around with this "I didn't bring anything... was I supposed to bring something?!?" Look on this face and he smiled SO big as I hugged him goodbye.
In sacrament meeting he would not tell us a thing about what they did, although his chest seemed to puff out a little bigger. I'm sure he was thinking he was so big now.
Finally in the car we said "Please Jack! Tell us what you got to do in Primary!" He finally said happily:
"Prophecies...
I'm thinking... cool a lesson on the prophets, that's nice...when he says (in a serious tone):
Dark Prophecies."
Corey and I have NO idea where that came from. We laughed and laughed and I know he didn't mean anything by it. He has a habit of saying things he hears others say but doesn't know the meaning of. I'm not sure where he picked that one up, but it sure gave us a good chuckle. Maybe I'll poke my head in to sharing time next week though just to be sure there's nothing fishy going on in there.
4 comments:
Ha Ha Ha! That is hilarious! Hooray for Jack to get to finally go to primary! Dark Prophecies...hilarious!
lol... what a funny kid! Are you sure what's going on in that Primary? I had to write you back and tell you I'm sooooo glad you loved Book Thief! I have been converting people to the Book Thief one at a time... my copy has gone to many friends and back again. I love love love it. In fact, last year when I did my year end book review, I said it's my favorite book of all time, and I'm sticking with it. That's saying a lot after all the Jane Austens, and Little Women, etc. but I love it. I have on my to read list The Messengers which is also written by Zusak... I've heard good things!
Wow, you have posted a ton since I got on here last. You have such a cute family. I love your funny stories, your spiritual moments, and well I just enjoy reading about your wonderful life.
Jack is my favorite little kid. So funny! Ashley--I have some questions for you about where you live. Can you e-mail me and I'll chat with you there? ashleygottfredson at gmail. Thanks!
Post a Comment