Wow people. Wow. If you ever find yourself disappointed in todays authors compared to the classics, this book just might renew your faith in contemporary literature. It was powerful, completely unique in style and story and I feel like I can't say enough good about it. Don't get turned off by the synopsis of the story line... this is NOT your typical holocaust book TRUST me. If I were a teacher I could see myself teaching this book if I were trying to reinforce a myriad of subjects. It is excellent when it comes to: the use of imagery, style, composition, character development (seriously people it was so hard for me to think of these characters as not ACTUAL people) personal impact, historical relevence etc. etc. etc. In the book it has a list of honors that the book received (which is huge) and some critic called it "life changing." and I was skeptical of whether it could deserve such praise, but I can tell you now that this book really did deserve that statement and I am SO glad that I read it. SO glad.
Read it and then come over so we can talk about it. If you've already read it tell me your thoughts! Shay... this is just another excuse for us to get together :)
3 comments:
Talia loves books on the Holocaust. She has reaad books like "Briar Rose" which is a twist on Sleeping Beauty. I am looking for books for Christmas, do you think this book would be appropriate for her.
I'll say we need to get together! I think my book club is sick of hearing about it from me but they all loved it!!
Post a Comment