A couple of days ago Jack was having a bad afternoon... super disobedient and just kind of cranky.
When he had finally mellowed out we were sitting on the couch and I just felt bad that we had been having a rough go so I turned to him and said "You know I still love you right? There's nothing you can do or say that will change that." He looked kind of confused and so I pressed on...
"Like if you do something really bad, I might be upset, but I still love you. You know that right?" Still confused I tried a new way...
"If you don't help pick up your toys... will mommy still love you?" His face got all tragical and he sighed out a forlorn "no..." and I said "Wrong! Of COURSE I will still love you..." and enjoying this game I continued. I put on my sad face and voice and said "What if you hit Aly? Will I still love you?"
"No...." another sigh and a shake of the head...
Happily I respond "Wrong! I will STILL love you!"
Thinking he had learned the lesson I go for another one... "What if you tell mommy that you don't want to be part of our family anymore and you hit me! Will I still love you?"
Another NO!
At that point I was starting to get sad because I thought maybe he thinks I don't love him... so I got serious and talked the concept over with him again. Then I went for another one:
"If you pull my hair... will I still love you?"
"YES!"
"You're right! I will always love you NO MATTER WHAT!"
Then I see a mischevious look and smile that I know all too well steal across his face as he says "Okay... let's try..." reaching his hand up towards my hair...
That's when we had to have the "I will still love you... but that doesn't mean you won't be in trouble..." talk. I think he gets it now.
In a total change of subject here are some pictures for Gram and Grampa Burton. We didn't have a camera the Sunday before Christmas, but thanks to them now we do. Since I couldn't take pics in their Christmas Sunday outfits then, here are some from today in the same outfits. Thanks Gram and Grampa! They look so cute!


5 comments:
They are so cute!!! Cute story...
Ha ha! That was a cute story! Also, darling pics! What fun little boys!
what an AWESOME mom you are RIGHT UP THERE with NieNie!!!
DId you read it? How can she do it? I AM SO amazed.
love aunt deedee
Ash, I loved the story. I must admit I especially loved the ending with his wonderful way of testing this new idea you presented. I can relate, our little man is quite the hair puller but mostly clawer. Oh the joys. Thanks for the cute story. Also, thanks for your recent comment on my blog.
I love this story, and I love the pictures. They both look so dapper in their little sweater vests. I love it!
Post a Comment