Corey and I saw Valkyrie this morning. I had a friend who owed me a bunch of babysitting time and she offered to watch the kids so Corey and I could get in some quality time before he goes back to school and I officially become a single mom again.
It was good. Really good. Did you know about that guy? I had never heard of him. When you watch or read things like that doesn't it make you wonder what you would do in a similar situation? There have been so many things lately that have taken my thoughts in that direction. If I were surrounded by evil and it was the prominent theory and way of thinking would I be sucked in or even fight for a wrong principle? Would I be the wussy who didn't think for myself and would just try to stay on the right side... no matter which side it was? Or would I stand up for what was right no matter the cost?
I don't know. I really hope that I would. I remember being a little, little girl and telling my mom that I wanted to grow up and fight. In second grade we had an assignment to do a presentation on what we wanted to be when we grew up. I did mine on the Air Force. I remember just really wanting to do something GREAT. Something big that would change the world. But now that I'm bigger, and I have an understanding of the cost, for example how war is not just a romantic idea where heroes are made, but how it is such an ugly, horrible thing, I wonder if my heart would waver, if I really have it in me to look death in the face and welcome it if it meant I kept my integrity.
I don't know what my life will bring. Hopefully I will never be placed in a position where it's either my life or my honor, but I suppose there are applications on a smaller scale. Hmmm...
Anyway that was a lot of thoughts for just telling you that I went to a movie today. It was good. Am I getting too serious? I feel like lately I am so serious. That my mind is caught up in a lot of really important thoughts. It's probably the weather.
Not enough silliness. Tommorrow I promise to be silly. Lighten things up a bit... Oh and Corey asked me what I was writing and I told him it was about Valkyrie and he said I should mention the Wolverine preview... and then he retracted it because apparently I don't "get it." Sorry Honey.

4 comments:
Cute pic of you two! Also, it sounds like such a great movie, one Cal and I will definitely need to see. Thanks for the thoughts!
I have been dying to see it, and then Cory's grandpa and dad saw it and they hated it! I'm glad someone liked it. I'd trust your opinion more... I just am very into WW2 stories...and it looks so good!
I haven't seen it, but I really want to. I've heard it's very sobering. I don't think you're too serious -I love hearing your insight.
You look so in love with that man and he with you!!!
THE MAKEUP WAS AWESOME!!!!
Hope you have a good week.
Do you need a babysitter next thursday late afternoon or evening? love aunt deedee
Post a Comment