Yesterday I turned 24 Years old.
I think birthdays are a good chance to reflect on growth and to count your blessings.
So let me share with you 24 blessings that I received yesterday:
1- The day dawned bright and sunny with blue skies and crsipy air.
2- The boys randomly slept in till 8:30... hence I did too.
3- I remembered to charge my phone so if people called I would know it.
4- People DID call! I talked to Nat, Cal and Whit, Ed, Cindy, Grandma Carmen and PaPa, Katie, and my Dad and Emily left me messages. So nice people. You are so much better than me at remembering!
5- One of the most respected professors at the University agreed that morning to give him his last letter of recommendation! Score!
6- Every time I walked into my kitchen I saw gorgeous tulips. I took at least 20 different pictures because every time I walked in I thought "Oh they look SO pretty from THIS angle... need another picture!" Thanks Ed and Cindy!
7- While the morning passed with lots of phone calls... not ONE call came for the apartments!
8- Did Alaster not look adorable with those socks up to his knees?
9- We bought a pineapple at the end of last week... and it peeked to perfect ripeness that morning and the boys and I devoured it. Perfect Pineapple in February? Birthday Blessing for sure.
10- Jack was really grumpy in the morning and didn't want to say happy birthday... in fact I think the exact words to me after Corey said "Tell mommy happy birthday." were: "Would you just go get me some cocoa?" Lovely... but to make up for it when he was fed and happy he asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told him I wanted Birthday Loves which resulted in lots of hugs and birthday kisses throughout the day.
11- Do you see the picture of Alaster kissing the tulip? He must have kissed it 15 times in a row after we spent a few minutes looking and talking about them.
12- Corey surprised me with chocolates from Cummings and he chose the EXACT ones I would have wanted if I had been there. Lemon Creme, Chocolate Covered Caramel, a fresh Chocolate Covered Strawberry, Key Lime, and a new flavor... I think it was called Boston something... just what I would have wanted... the old favorites and a new one for fun!
13- Corey doesn't work on Thursdays!
14- My friend Autumn was happy to watch the boys for the evening.
15- Ed and Cindy got Corey and I tickets to Ballet West, and the weather was so good I finally got to wear my new pink shoes I got for Christmas.
16- We were going to have to pay for parking and by a freak accident we had to pull out of the lot intending to come back in... but just as we did a car pulled out of a free spot on the street! Cha-ching!
17- The spot was a block away so we got a nice quick walk in the city at night. I love that.
18- I got to be in Capitol Theatre. Don't you love that place?
19- I got to see Mark Morris' "Gong." Totally weird music, but I was LOVING the choreography. I thought they NAILED it.
20- As per the program we were not scheduled to see a principle dancer that I love (Romi Beppu) dance Madame Butterfly... but the curtains came up and there she was! I just love that woman. So pretty.
21- I am Corey's wife.
22- I am Jack's mommy.
23- I am Alaster's mommy.
24- I am a Child of God with the pleasure of knowing it and belonging to His Church.
Okay so those last 4 were not specific to my birthday, but I did think about them ON my birthday, and was truly grateful.

3 comments:
OH sweetie you are the most amazing woman. NOW THAT YOU ARE THE womanly age 24. Women are not fully woman until 24 so Thanks for joining our club. THOSE pictures were SUPER DUPER. They show how lovely you are. I am excited to see you on Friday.
Love aunt deedee
I thought about you all day on your birthday, but I'm a terrible friend and never actually called! IT's the thought that counts right? I'm glad you got to see BW and that you had a good birthday. The flowers were beautiful and Ilove that Alaster kissed them! :)
how fun and good land woman your haircut is so pretty on you!
Post a Comment