Alaster Morgan Burton AKA: Baby, Aly, Mr. O'Malley, Sunshine, Crazy Head, Silly Baby
Below are four things currently happening in the world of our littlest man around the house:
#1 Aly is teething. Ouchy! For Jack teething was a piece of cake. Lots of times I would just notice that they appeared. No fuss. Poor Aly is a different story. They take weeks to come through. I'll notice a tinsy piece of white and then watch the slow and painful process of decent through the coming weeks. He's working on 3 right now. Much biting. He bit my foot today but I don't think it helped.
#2 One of my favorite rituals of the morning is getting Aly out of bed. He is rather attached to that blanket you see all snuggled around him. He does not go down for a nap or bedtime without his blanket, and in the morning when I come to get him out of the crib he frantically wraps it in his arms to make sure he doesn't get lifted out without it, and if that ever does happen by mistake he will reach and grunt until I remember that he can't be without it. He snuggles with it when sad. Lays down on it when tired. It's his blanky and he loves it. Once I put it into the washing machine while Aly was looking on... stupid mommy... I should have known better. Now I sneak it in when he's not looking.
#3 He's still majorly looking up to big brother (I bet... and kind of hope... that won't stop anytime soon) Today Jack was jumping off furniture shouting "To Infinity and Beyond!" Aly was laughing and thought it looked SO FUN. Even though he can't jump when standing on a flat surface he decided to go ahead and try jumping off of the couch. We saw his arm go up in the air and he shouted "GO!" (To infinity and beyond was a bit too advanced for him) as he did this spazzy jerk movement and kind of tripped off the couch onto his side. Thankfully he just looked up at me confused like "I don't think that was right."
As Jack continued to jump off the coffee table shouting the infamous phrase poor Aly just looked on wanting so badly to be doing it too. I asked if I could help him do it... he heartily agreed. So up on the coffee table he went and I shouted "To infinity and beyond!" While assisting him in the perfect Buzz Lightyear move. We did this at least 20 times in a row... sometimes in sync with Jack and sometimes on our own. Each time he would just ring out with peels and peels of happy baby laughter. So cute.
#4 Lest you think that Alaster merely watches and copies Jack all day long and does nothing of his own accord I would like to supply you with a list of Alaster Favorites that have nothing to do with Jack.
Aly loves DOGS!
Aly loves TRAINS! He will sit and play with their trainset all alone for a good twenty minutes, and the little engine that could is one of his favorite books.
Aly loves READING! Our favorite new book series are the gossling books by Olivier Dunrea.
Aly loves KISSES and LOVES! He makes his Daddy smile every morning when Corey comes out of our bedroom and Aly runs over to give him a good morning hug around his legs.
Aly loves FOOD!
Aly loves PEOPLE! I dare say he's even more social than Jack actually.
Aly loves OUTSIDE! He is always the first of the two to request that we leave the apartment. He'll either go over to the stroller and point and ask "uh?" or he'll go to the front door and bang and point and plead for us to go out.
Aly loves DANCING! Jack won't dance at all with me anymore... he's way too cool... but Aly loves it! His signature moves include: making his legs really stiff and rocking from side to side on them, spinning around and around, and clapping!
He's so full of life and happiness. Everything he does he does it with his whole heart. We love you baby!
4 comments:
THOSE nicknames are the BOMB. HEY how was the Monday? Hope you are doing well. Love aunt deedee
What a darling little boy! This was fun to read! We love that Aly.
I seriously think he is the most adorable baby I have ever seen... I would take him home with me if you would let me!
He looks like such a cuddle bug. I keep hoping that our #2 will be like Aly.
Post a Comment