One of Corey's favorite dishes that I make is Fried Rice.
I have been trying to make it for him for the past THREE WEEKS! I bought the stuff to make it three weeks ago and ALWAYS the night I set aside to make it for him something else would come up. I wanted to make it on a night he would actually be home to have it fresh or I could have made it earlier and sent it with him to re-heat at work... but your FAVORITES should be eaten fresh. Don't you think? Some nights work things happened or just LIFE happened. Twice I went to start it and realized the bean sprouts had gone all slimey and gross (those things have an amazingly short fridge life! Good thing they only cost about 50 cents). Long story short he has been WAITING and WAITING for me to make it.
Finally on Sunday evening all the planets aligned and I was able to make it for him. I took the camera out to get a picture of him eating it and somehow we ended up in a competition of who could open their mouth the widest. I think it started with Jack.... maybe.... I'm not sure. Anyhow, Corey took a picture of himself and it distorted his face and looked so funny we decided everyone in the fam needed a shot.
Let it never be said I won't post embarassing things on the blog. Look at my face! Do I not look like an alien? We got pretty silly looking at all the good shots.
Fried rice and funny faces made for a quality family dinner.
Would you like the recipe? Here you go:
Corey's Favorite Fried Rice
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
2 eggs
6 drops sesame seed oil
6 drops soy sauce
1 large chopped into smallish squares carrot
3/4 cup thawed frozen peas
5 cups cooked brown rice
2 chopped green onions
1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
2 eggs
6 drops sesame seed oil
6 drops soy sauce
1 large chopped into smallish squares carrot
3/4 cup thawed frozen peas
5 cups cooked brown rice
2 chopped green onions
1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or large non-stick skillet. Add onion, cook until starting to brown and remove. Allow wok to cool. Mix eggs with soy and sesame drops. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add egg and swirl to coat and cook until it sets, flip and cook other side. Remove from wok and chop. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil in wok. Add carrots, peas and previously cooked onions. Stir fry 2-4 minutes. Add rice, green onion and sprouts, fry 3 minutes. Add soy sauce and egg. Fry one more minute. Serve with additional soy sauce.

5 comments:
Ooh another great Ashlee recipe! I love them!
Ashlee you are the most amazing woman/girlie EVER.
I am so glad you are related to me, maybe some of your cool will rub off someday.
Love aunt deedee
Darling pictures!
Hooray for fried rice. This makes me really want to get a wok. Those pics are cute! I love the one of Aly with his mouth wide open! Adorable!
hahah you guys are hilarious and yum!!!!
Post a Comment