Jack did a lot of cute things yesterday that made me laugh.
Like when he tried to blame some writing on the wall telling me that Corey did it. "When daddy was a baby he did it. We did it together I mean. I mean daddy and me and Aly did it." then after I opened my eyes wide, eyebrows raised a bit incredulously he said "Okay maybe just me and Aly did it." Eyes went a little wider, eyebrows a little higher and this time I included a head tilt so he finally admitted "Okay maybe just I did it."
Or when I was doing my hair and he sat on the bathroom counter next to me, watching, and asked "What is that hair sauce in your hand?" (mousse)
I love that he sits by me while I do things. I used to sit by my mom and watch her do things too. I remember watching her getting ready for dates with my dad and thinking she was SO beautiful, and that her life was really romantic.
My favorite place to sit next to her was in the kitchen. I would plop on the counter, talk to her, and watch her cook. Then when I was older I got off the counter and started cooking with her. Some of the fondest memories I have of her are with us in the kitchen together cooking and being crazy. The woman was funny and she could always make me silly.
Lately Jack has been climbing up on the counter to watch me do dishes. He comments on the funniest things. I think he thinks he's really grown up when he makes astute observations like "That thing is for making juice. Yep for making juice. Hmmmm...What kind? I think orange and sometimes lemon. Yep."
One day I thought it might be a good chance for a teaching opportunity but I was struggling to come up with something. So I asked him "Jack what should I teach you? What should I tell you about while you are here with me?" He said "Tell me how Jesus loves me." I got a little lump in my throat and then I told him.
Yesterday he was there again as I was unloading the dishwasher, and then he left. I didn't think much about where he had gone until I heard him laugh and say "MOM! I have a new trick! Come see!"
This is what I saw:
I'm not sure how he wedged himself in there like that. I had a pretty good laugh over it though. We laughed even harder trying to get him out. I ended up grabbing one hand and one foot and yanking.
I love my little kitchen companion. He makes me silly just like my mom used to. I hope he'll always want to be in there with me.
4 comments:
So cute. You are such a fun momma Ash. I love you.
I tried calling but this might get to you quicker...your cell phone doesn't seem to work for me :( The lentil tacos were awesome and Tanner liked them too. They will be a repeat food at our house. I mashed up the lentils and loved it. Tanner said it tasted like a good bean burrito. Come over and play soon while it's nice and warm. We miss you guys. Summer saw Jacks picture and wouldn't stop asking about him, so tell him hi for us.
What a great post! Your kids are so lucky to have a fun mom like you!
What a cute and sneaky little guy. How does he get into the bucket?
Post a Comment