Sometimes Jack and I need our snuggles with each other.
It's hard for me to foresee a day when I won't crave these little moments with him, but I am certain that there will come a day when he won't need them from me.
Sigh.
Turning Four has been a big deal to Jack. He's started to assert his right to do more grown up things... stuff like getting water from the sink by himself:
"I'll get my water myself mom, because I'm four."
Lots of sentences ending with "because I'm four." around here.
Corey and I laugh when he does this because his voice goes all deep and serious and he usually accompanies it with a fist on his hip very important-businessy.
(You should see me do an impression of it... I'm spot on.)
Someday it will be... "Mom, I don't want to snuggle," but by then he probably won't tack on "because I'm fifteen." Will he?
I'm not sure when he will stop, but I'm certain whenever it comes will be too soon for me.
6 comments:
18 years just doesn't seem long enough. My youngest brother who is 7 wrote my mom a birthday letter and one of the sentences was, "I will hold you forever mom." He is always hugging on my mom and he doesn't see why he would stop, but my 9 year old brother has to be prodded for a hug. Someday my youngest child will grow up too but I can prolong the day by having lots more children.
I love that picture of you and Jack. What mom couldn't feel the same way?
Such a cute pic Ash!
That was sweet. My eyes are even watering a little. :) I guess because I am a Mommy and I get it. The best picture too.
That is so funny that he adds on because I'm 4. Benjamin is not a snuggler with me, but is with daddy. I tell my mom that I hope this baby #2 is like Alaster so I can get my snuggler.
I still beg my big boys (and Kayleen) to snuggle with me :-)
Love you all muchly! Auntie Shir
Post a Comment