My History

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby

Corey: Aly come play in the living room!
Aly: Silence
Corey: Come on it's fun!
Aly: Pretending he's invisible
Corey: Aly mommy's making dinner and you're in the way.
Aly: Clasps his chubby arms and hands tight around my legs.
Corey: Come on Alaster!

It didn't work. Corey had to drag him away while he yelled "ma ma ma ma ma!"
I feel a little evil enjoying moments like this so much. I relish every moment that he wants me.

This is also his new way of throwing fits which I find quite preferable to screaming and crying.

For example:

If I make him drink water from a sippy cup which he doesn't want because Jack is done with those baby things he shows his displeasure by saying "Uh Uh!" with a big frown, throwing it, and coming into my legs where he remains silent and still while I try to tell him that the sippy is just as good as a cup. When he's ready he comes out and gets the sippy to drink following it up with a big smile and a "MMMMMM!!!! Ra Ra!" (yummm!!!! Water!)

Oh that baby. He makes my mommy heart smile.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope things have been better for you and your managing. It is so hard! I think that it is sweet that Aly is so attached. It is funny how much sometimes they want to be held, even when they are in trouble.

Cal and Whit said...

What a sweet little Boy! That pic of him being invisible by your legs is so cute!

Rebecca said...

HA HA that's the cutest picture!