He did a wonderful job and he is glad to be over with it. It was quite nerve racking presenting in front of such a distinguished group! Professor Samuels could tell he was nervous and at the end of his paper he thanked Corey and said "Somebody get that man a glass of water!"
I loved being there with him. It was a cool experience to be in a room with all these uber-intellectuals discussing Richard Wright. I loved watching them give little nods and affirmative "ummm hummm."s when Corey gave particularly nice observances while he was reading. I've never got the chance to support him in this particular kind of way before and I loved it.
While I'm bragging about Corey let me go ahead and show you one of his secret talents:
Corey makes the best dang chocolate chip cookies this side of the Mississippi! We call them "Corkeys." He made the ones you see here on Sunday while we were listening to conference. Yummm!
After conference we played together all afternoon. The boys had quite destroyed their room and the living room while we watched conference so Corey did playdough with them while I cleaned up and got dinner going. He's such a fun daddy.
It really was a memorable Sunday. Conference was great as usual and who doesn't love a day trapped inside with your best friends? We made tons of yummy food, played, went for a walk in the crispy air, and Corey decided to even take the FULL evening off from his studies. I can't remember the last time he did that. I was so happy for him. We watched a movie and then he stayed up late creating a couple "80's Hits." CD's... which by the way are awesome! I thought I really hated 80's music but I was suprised. We rocked out to it Monday in the car and I loved it! 80's music is so dancy! Jack got a kick out of it too.
3 comments:
Congratulations Corey! That is awesome! What a neat thing! I am glad you guys had such a great weekend and that pic of your little fam at the end is adorable!
OH Ashlee these are the days to be cherished and remember long after those little boys are dads and you sweet hubby is the distinguished professor he is hoping to be. WE LOVED conference weekends. WE always spent them "locked up with our best friends". YOU remind us old folks why we loved being young and having young kids. The picture of Corey and the boys was priceless, love aunt deedee
Wow!! This is what happens when you don't blog for a whole week! You miss about 5 Burton posts! What a fun week! Congrats to Corey! I love your pictures of the cherry blossoms and the ball hitting jack and the one of you and the boys at bedtime!
I haven't been blogging because Jackie asked me to come back and do a show with the company, and I was apparently delusional and said yes, so I've been in the studio all week getting my butt back in gear for a ballet that you would love by the way...very Ashlee.
To answer your emails...you go to customize once you're logged in and then go to the settings tab and then over on the right to Permissions. You can put people's email addresses there to invite them. You can do anything to the blog that I can as an administrator. I can't wait to hear what you think about the book...I'm dying to start the discussions. ANy ideas on formats for discussions?
Post a Comment