My History

Sunday, May 17, 2009



After the presentation of the Graduates and their welcome into the Alumni Association the recession began and the whole thing was over. We went outside to take pictures (the roses are from his parents. Pretty huh?) and Corey's parents graciously offered to take the boys home with them so that Corey and I could be alone in the car on the drive home. It was kind of a surreal moment. He's done. Finished. Off to Grad school. We talked about the ceremony and about what this day meant to the both of us and of our upcoming changes.

Can I just say one more time how proud I am of Corey? He has worked harder than I think most people have to for their Bachelor's Degrees. He's held a full time job, had a wife and two children and had the whole headache thing to deal with on top of it all. He's maintained a great attitude and a solid work ethic frequently sacrificing sleep for homework or for extra time with me and the children. How he has been able to handle the pressure of it all I'll never know, but I am so proud and grateful to have him for my hubby.


Corey's Parents treated us to Cheesecake Factory for lunch directly following the ceremony. I wore Corey's Cap all the way there I was on such a graduation day high! The food was fantastic of course... it's The Cheesecake Factory for Heavens sake! You should have seen the boys chicken fingers! Fanciest chicken fingers I've ever seen. It really was a shame when Jack puked his at the end of the meal. We're not really sure what happened there... but it sure was a shame. Everyone was thoroughly delighted with their menu choices and with full and happy tummies we went back to the apartment.
The men stayed with the boys while Cindy and I headed to the store to get some last minute Graduation Party purchases for the next day. When we got home we spent some time just hanging out at the apartment together. We never actually ate dinner. I think we all grazed a bit on veggies and munchy things but really... we were still stuffed from lunch and gave our stomachs a break.
We ended the night on a bit of a sad note after such a fun and rewarding day. Corey's allergies flared up with a vengeance causing his eye to actually swell. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. The whites of his eye just surrounding his pupil swelled right up. So weird! Thankfully it wasn't painful for Corey but he did need medical attention so Ed drove him to instacare. Cindy and I stayed home and had a lovely chat while the boys watched the Tale of Despereaux that Gram had brought them.
Corey and I had wanted to party-harty all night long but neither of us had the willpower to stay awake. I had woken up from graduation party nightmares at three in the morning. Unable to get back to sleep I read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, a gift from Cindy, wrote in my journal, read my scriptures etc. And poor Corey got knocked out by the medicine he had to take for his eye. We were out by 9:30 sharp.

Best Moments of Friday:
(Besides all the great stuff listed above)
Grandma's cool use of sticker bribery to get the boys to be quiet during the graduation. If you look closely at the pictures you will see that at one point Jack had at least 15 stickers dotting his body
The bittersweet feelings Corey expressed to me about leaving the U
Bonding time with Cindy over shopping and our talk while the boys were at instacare
Aly squishing his water cup and Ed popping it back out again about 50 times at Cheesecake Factory

No comments: