It's official.
We got the word Friday that we're off to Illinois sometime in June.
Not sure when we'll be back again.
I'm okay. Really.
We are excited about so many things.
We are thrilled that we will only be 45 minutes from Corey's parents, and brother Travis. Seeing them on a regular basis and getting to share big events like Thanksgiving and Christmas is something we have all really wanted for so long.
Casey, Kristine and Tyler live in Chicago about 4 hours from where we will be... so that's another huge plus.
I get to quit managing apartments!!!!!!!!!! (yep, that's a ten exclamation pointer!)
There is this store called Beachies that I have wanted to visit forever and now I can be a regular customer.
We are looking forward to a real fall, equipped with the covered bridge festival in Amish Country.
The program Corey is going to is a great one, and we think it will provide him with more opportunities than he would have received here in Utah.
It's more humid there so not as many crusty boogers.
Just a hop skip and a jump away from Chicago, Indianapolis, Saint Louis etc.
Farmlands dotted with charming white houses and red barns.
Lightning Bugs.
Cubs Games.
A ward where we won't be called to the "Ward Newsletter Committee," (we didn't even list that on our 5 year post because the other 40 people in the committee took care of it for us) ie. a ward that will actually need us.
I can already feel closer to Corey just thinking about the move and I know that this move will be a great opportunity for growth in our marriage.
New place, new people, new experiences to be had...
etc. etc. etc.
Still...
In sacrament meeting today the closing song was "God Be With You Till We Meet Again."
I was under the impression that song was reserved for when Missionaries speak for the last time before leaving their home wards and for funerals.
What business did we have singing that today of all days?
I tried not to think of how that song has meaning for me with our upcoming change but as I sang the first line I saw my hero brother Cal and his dear wife Whit's faces rise up before me smiling. Any other day and I would have thought it funny and a little weird but today it reduced me to tears and obstructed me from singing because I was trying to make them stop. I leaned my head on Corey's shoulder and whispered "I don't like goodbye songs."
I finally sang the last two lines of the song after Corey had to take Jack to the bathroom and I was sufficiently distracted from the meaningful lyrics that I could make it through.
The next few months are going to require my brave face I'm sure, I can't imagine that I'm done having moments like I did today in church, but I really can't wait to see what new adventures await us in Illinois.
We're stepping over to a new phase in our life and I'm ready and excited.
PS: Jack sang from the stand with the other Primary Children in church today. It was his very first time! It was... perfect. He was so cute and so sweet and I couldn't have been prouder or had a better Mother's Day present. Happy Mother's Day to all!
9 comments:
Sad! And happy! I'm super excited for your next step....though sad that you won't be my neighbor up here! I LOVE lightning bugs. They're almost worth a move on their own. :) This will be such a good thing for your family...in a way, I'm envious! What an adventure!
What news! We just left Texas and it is a place where the ward needs it's members and every time I visit I feel like I am home. Tanner grew up in a quiet/dull town yet relationships are always well taken care of. Leaving was sad. I imagine you will have a similar experience. I am sad for me but happy for you. Thanks for so many things especially introducing me to blogging so I can stay in touch. Part of me would love to move somewhere else to experience the growth that would come. I love you guys!
That was a really sweet post Ash. We really are excited for you guys. This will be such a neat adventure for your little family. We will miss you like crazy!
I SO KNOW what you are about to experience and IT WILL BE THE BEST and some what sad too.
WiL and Tabby are only about an two hours away 132 miles. I looked it up!!!
We will be out there in May next year for Scott's wedding. WHICH of course you can come to. We will pray for you all and hope the very best for graduate school. love aunt deedee
I'll email the packing list ok so
How exciting and a little nerve racking as well. We plan to move somewhere out and about one day. It makes me both nervous and excited to try something new. Ryan would love to raise our children somewhere other than Utah...so we'll see. I have mixed feelings but I think it will probably happen at least for a little while.
We lived in Las Vegas for the first 4 months after we got married. We grew really close to each other during that time because our families weren't near. It will be neat. Good luck with all. And yea for being done managing!!!
Oh Ash! It's all part of the story your family is building. There are people in Illinios who need you too.
Wow! Wow! Wow!! I know I am going to regret not coming to see you more often while you were here! What an adventure! I must say though I teared up thinking that you are going to be so far away (I know, I know, we mostly keep in touch on the internet and you'll still have internet (right?) but still!!) We will miss you so so so much! Please let me know if I can be of any help in the moving process, and know that I'm thinking of you! And yayayayayayay for no apartment managing!!
We are going to miss you guys. And Calder is definitely going to really miss Jack. Keep in touch through my blog and we will keep in touch through yours.
Again, I am very impressed with your writing style.
Exciting! I am so excited for you guys. It will be so great, although I am sad that you'll be so far away. Not that I've seen you much lately. Maybe we should remedy that before you leave.
Post a Comment