My History

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bye

This is my official last post before we move tomorrow.
I wish I had something really poetical or witty to say.
But I'm not even going to try. I'm tired.
I haven't had a good nights sleep since Thursday and we still have tons to do this evening. In fact... shhhh... don't tell Corey that I'm even doing this right now! He is out in the moving trailer organizing it like a giant jigsaw puzzle and I am supposed to be packing...
I came back with the intention to, but after I packed a box I couldn't find the big marker that we had been using to label the boxes. I looked and looked for the dang thing but it doesn't want to be found apparently. Not seeing the marker I did see the computer and decided I would take a two minute break to say goodbye to ya'll.
I'm not sure when I'll post again.
Will you miss me?
I'll miss you.
But I won't miss the blogosphere enough to cry about it.
Family on the other hand... is a different story.
I cried so much today.
It started early. I called Corey at 6:00 in the AM from our room at Primary Children's (don't worry there will be a whole post explaining that later...) and cried. Then I cried all night long as my sweet family came to help us pack and to say their goodbyes.
Cal and Whit were the last goodbye of the day. I cried with our final hugs, and I cried some more after they left even though Whit added a cheery "Well, see you at Sunday Dinner next week!" keeping with her mindset of... "I'll just pretend you're still in Murray..."
After Corey hugged me through the last tears of the night and we started packing the trailer I teased him saying "You better reassure me that you really love me or I think I will just stay here."
Reassure me he did, and I definitely am still excited and want to go.
Maybe some days are for being excited and some days are for crying. Kind of a "time for all seasons," kind of thing.
Today was just a day to cry.
It was the last day I would see my Utah family for who knows how long, and I didn't even try to be excited. Being heartbroken was paying homage to how much I love them and will miss them.
The good news is that tomorrow will be an excited day, I know it!
It is possible to feel both at the same time I suppose, but I tend to feel one thing really hard at a time and just take turns. I don't want one emotion to cheat the other if that makes sense (not that I can just decide these things... I just think that's how my heart works). Some people might define that style of dealing with life and therefor that kind of person as "dramatic," but I like how my Aunt Natty described me a few weeks ago.
I was telling her about something that had happened that was hard for me but how I ended up resolving it. We hadn't talked during the whole situation and she said "Oh! I wish I would have known so I could talk to you while it was happening. I know how you feel things so deeply."
That's a nicer way of saying dramatic: I feel things deeply.
But how the heck did I end up talking about that tonight? I was supposed to be saying a quick goodbye.
This post is way longer than I had intended.
The sleep depravation from the week is making me ramble.
Ending now.
Bye.

7 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Lincoln kept telling Calder that he"REALLY needed to play hard" with Jack today because it might be the last time they get to play in a long time.

We're going to miss you guys. good luck

Hannah said...

This makes me want to cry and I'm not moving! I hope everything goes well in the move and I know you guys will be happy wherever you are!

Lyndsey said...

Ashlee, I will miss you. I hope you still blog in Missouri. Good Luck, I know how stressful moving can be. This is going to be an exciting adventure and remember, No More Managing Apartments:)

Unknown said...

Miss you already!!!! And I cried just reading this and realizing you're really going...but look on the bright side...now I have someone to stay with when I go see Hubbard Street and Joffrey! Love ya like a sister and will miss you tons!!!! I hope you're back to blogging soon!

deemom said...

THAT POST WAS WORTH ALL THE CRYING. We love you all so much and Whit is the best!! See you for dinner next Sunday. Love you so much and SEND US COREY'S parents address!!! WE forgot to talk about so many things. Did you do a change of address? If not it will still work from Illinois. When you address the change just put your old zip code on the front where it says what post office to send it too. That works
love aunt deedee

katers said...

Ash, I'm glad everything turned out okay for you guys, but oh my heart is breaking! I miss you so much already. I know we didn't see each other much, but knowing that I can't now for a while is so hard! Good luck with the big move! I'm excited for you.

Stephanie said...

Oh Ashlee, your moving already? I am so sad and wished the dancers got together. You are so brave. I hope to have at least half of your good nature when I move. Good luck and I hope your travels are safe!