My History

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Date

We saw Harry Potter #6 the day after it came out.
We liked it...quite a bit actually... parts of it, like the cave scene... and certain other things about it, how funny it was for instance, we really liked... but we admit we were left feeling slightly disappointed.
But you know... life goes on... and it was still a night out with my best friend. In that respect it was awesome. We both agree that we just never quite get enough of that.
Anyone else see it yet? What did you think?
*** By way of an update: I got a job at Great Harvest Bread. I will be working the insanely early shift so that I can get home before Corey leaves for work and still have the entire day uninterrupted with my kids. I'll probably start going to bed with them. Corey got a call from a company and took an editing test for them on Monday. They said sometime next week we should hear. It's for an Editorial Assistant job, and we're really hoping this is "the one." Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers for us. We are so very eager to get settled here.

7 comments:

coryshay said...

Definitely praying for you! Good luck! Congrats on your new job and being able to see Harry Potter! I am so jealous! I want to see it so bad, but I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that it may be on video... gotta love Harry!

And I just have to say, that I always, always, love your posts. You just send good vibes everywhere you go, including the internet. Glad we're friends!

katers said...

We thought #6 was the best out of movies 3-6. We wish that instead of the dumb cornfield scene that they would have done the battle in the school at the end, but overall we liked it, and we could see what they were going for. I thought that Ron especially did a great job, (he's always my fave!) and I liked all the funny teenage-ery stuff they did. Also this new Dumbledore didn't bug me in this movie as much as he has in others. It was worth the few bucks we spent on popcorn to have a night out! (We had free movie passes!)

Glad that everything is working out okay for you guys. And I LOVE all the updates you've been doing! What a cute family!

deemom said...

We saw it again for the 2nd time last night. BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND. WE also re-read the book before we saw it so we would be up to speed! GREAT ON THE JOB.
Tabby and WiL are still waiting maybe this week will be their lucky week. love aunt deedee

Emily Dawn said...

What are the hours you will work? At least they have yummy bread and cookies. I hope Corey gets the job. Good luck!

Cal and Whit said...

Hooray for date night! That pic is a cute one! Also, CONGRATS ON THE JOB! I am so excited, can you share their secret bread secrets? Hooray! I am very happy for you and we will definitely keep praying.

Autumn said...

I'm so happy you are on a blogging frenzy because I am kind of staying in touch. Forgive me for not calling. We miss you guys. Owen has contracted a strange virus called Hand Foot Mouth Virus and he is not happy. He has blisters on his hands and feet and possibly in his mouth, a small fever, yucky nose and eyes, and he wants to snuggle all day...which I don't mind.

Stephanie said...

It looks like you guys have been able to enjoyr great times together as a family. You so deserve a break and all this time. We are taking the same date today-I am excited! Your boys looks so cute!