My History

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Serious, Serious Face

**This is how it progresses**
The "I know it's totally funny, but I'm trying so hard not be silly about something so serious," face comes first:

He's under control now... eyebrows slant in and head leans down:

Almost there:

There we go, perfect:

This is Jack's most serious of serious faces.
It is reserved for serious things... like being a knight or a very competitive scooter rider.
Rules if you are to witness this face:
#1 (and most important): You MUST respect the face and be serious too
#2: Absolutely no laughing or smiling... this would imply that you find this serious face "funny," or "cute," which is just completely inappropriate
#3: Should you screw up and smile or something you must quickly apologize and make up an excuse about what actually made you smile... if the baby is around he's a pretty good cop-out
WARNING:
Should you not be able to comply with any of the aforementioned rules be prepared for a big fat rebuking. Something like: "Cut it out!" or "I'm serious mom!" or "I just don't like it when you smile!"
SOME ADVICE:
It is helpful when the face appears to give him some kind of voyage or quest to go on of a serious nature. It enhances his sense of purpose and helps him keep character (he may know that the face is a tad funny...). It may also distract him if you just can't help but make a tinsy giggle.

6 comments:

Pokemon said...

I love it. What a personality.

Autumn said...

I laughed when I read this. It's hard to believe anyone can start out so young with so much personality. He will be a fun boy to raise. I didn't get that email. Which email did you send it to? If you saved it send it again because I would love to read it.

Daphne A. Quist said...

Oh my goodness Jack you are darling!

coryshay said...

oh, I am so glad he couldn't see my face when I saw this post because I was laughin out loud to the point of crying! Man... when is that kid going to get any personality!! ;)

Cal and Whit said...

That is hilarious! Cal and I are sitting here laughing at how adorable this very serious face is! We miss this guy so much! We love the rules and explanation too! Too cute!

deemom said...

MISSY you are a writer and get that publishing hubby to make a book called JACK AND THE SERIOUS FACE!!!!
what a kid. YOU are in for such a ride with that boy. Be prepared for the day when he asks MAMA AM I SMART? Quick think of an answer right now cause IT IS COMING!!! LOVE aunt deedee