I thought you would want to know that the fishies you gave us for the car trip got put to good use.
One of those... saw it all happen but couldn't stop it... moments.
Seriously though, thank you for everything.
This is what Alaster looked like the majority of the trip... right up until the end really:
Since we were still expecting rotavirus to rear it's ugly head we put the car seat in a garbage bag, laid a towel down, then put him in with just his diaper, and finally covered him with a blanket. In the trunk were extras of all that, and a place to put "used," ones. I still kind of can't believe that our precautions weren't necessary. They were still a great idea though... one that I have to credit to Aunt DeeDee. After he had gone about 12 hours without any problems we put a shirt on him. I think it felt better to him.
Corey and I love car trips. It was time to break out Les Miserables. This is Corey's "Master of the House," look. He has looks for all the characters actually. It gives us flashbacks to our honeymoon which makes us both happy.
Jack was such a good boy on the trip. We taught him all the road trip nececssities:
Holding your breath in tunnels
Pumping your arm up and down to get the Big Rigs to honk
Eating treats and being crazy
You know... all the usuals. He liked it, but I don't think he thought Corey and I were as funny as we thought we were. There was a bit of eye-rollage. Don't worry... we didn't let him rain on our parade.
Corey got the boys some new toys for the trip. Since Alaster slept most of the time Jack surrounded himself with ALL of them. The picture up there doesn't do it justice. At one point he had them all lined up on both legs, and up his arm. We watched him get them all set just the way he wanted. Cute.
Between the new toys, treats, and the DVD player that Ed and Cindy got them we were set.
All things considered it COULD have been the worst car trip in history... but it ended up being really fun. Thanks to everyone for your prayers that we would be safe and that Aly would be okay.
We were, and he was.
3 comments:
I really think that Corey and Brandon would be such good friends. Brandon always has to sing Les Miserables in the car too!
Poor Ally! It looks like you you had plenty to eat on your little trip.
OK. I love the car trip pictures. I do have to say that face of Corey's is amazing! I am so glad that it was a good trip and that things worked out with Aly. It sounds like you guys were really prepared just in case too! Cute pics!
Post a Comment