7:30 Arise to the sound of the baby in the corner politely and quietly asking "mommy?.... mommy?"
8:00 Breakfast on a slice of 9 Grain Toast with orange juice and start a lazy day
11:00 Finally get in the shower
11:35 Talk with Corey about plans for the day. Long for the time when we will have a home to run again... errands to run, groceries to buy, meals to plan, a space of our own to manage and clean. Think aloud about the blessing of work and how relaxing feels so much better after a satisfying day of hard work.
11:40 Lunch with Corey and the boys. Talk with Corey about his current read and feel oh so proud of him.
12:30 Family trip to Barnes and Noble. Feel a little more like our old selves in the familiar and energizing booky environment. Remind Alaster 50 times to put the stuffed animals back on the shelf. Look at a "skull," book with a fascinated Jack. Peruse the staff picks and squeal for delight at the sight of "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler." Contemplate only reading children's books next year. Introduce Jack to the critter books. You know... THESE ones. Laugh right out loud at adorable (that's a fancy word for cute) Fancy Nancy
2:00 Head home on a Barnes and Noble high even though we didn't buy any books
2:20 Make posters to sit in the foyer of church tomorrow advertising the upcoming "Excite to Invite," activity
2:25 Consult Cindy about my color scheme choice
3:00 Jack comes in to help and I get him started on his own poster: a scary rendition of the Joker or "Jokert," as he calls him
5:00 Look at my cell phone and realize I missed yet ANOTHER call from Whitney... and that had I heard the call I actually could have talked! Dang it! Dang it! Dang it!!!!
5:15 Dinner. Say "Ohhh!" so cutely when I say "Bryce!" out of nowhere and Corey totally knows exactly what I was talking about even though it was an answer to a question that we had asked ourselves like 4 days ago (Bryce Howard... Ron Howard's actress daughter)
6:00 Boys starting to seriously lose it
6:30 Put the boys in the bath hoping for a calming influence
6:33 Take the boys out of the bath and try and think of a new tactic
7:00 Go to my binder to write down "The Giver," on my list of books I've read this year
7:05 Start hyperventilating as I realize it's missing. Really wish I had a brain and didn't have to rely so heavily on lists. Think about my fans and how sad they will be if I don't produce a year end book review this December
7:09 Find Corey and piece together what must have happened. Figure out I must have accidentally thrown it away as I was consolidating lists earlier in the week
7:10-7:17 Try to re-create the list. Realize I can't do it and determine to follow the only logical next step
7:18 Head to the domestic dumpster and start digging. Love Corey for volunteering to come with me
7:19 Try not to puke as I pick through the dog poop and rotting bags of food
7:21 Laugh as we find it at the very, very, very bottom of the debris
7:22 Hungrily read the list expecting to see something I had missed on my re-created list but... "Oh. I got everything." Corey rolls his eyes and says "I'm going inside. You can clean this up." I don't get mad. The peace of mind was totally worth it.
8:00 Put boys in bed. Start blogging... this is my 300th post incidentally...and look forward to a lovely night with my hubby.
Toodles
3 comments:
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!!! no really all the surprizes and fun and DOG POOP!! I wish you the best week ever sweetie. THE BLOG IS DEVOURED. Did you see Nie Nie she finally showed her face. love aunt deedee
300th post, I am impressed! And I can't wait until I can write down that I read the giver again (as an adult this time...)
Awesome day!
Post a Comment