Jack invented a new weapon for knocking bad guys off their feet. He named them "Shrinkles," and played with them all day.
When I got Alaster out of the car after the crew picked me up from work he said so sweetly "A Hi mamma." and snuggled right in to me all the way up to the apartment. I love the feel of his head in the crook of my neck.
Jack's teachers at school had to get after him for singing a new song that Daddy had taught him while mommy was gone. It was a twist on a classic Sesame Street tune. Instead of "C is for Cookie." it was "P is for Poopy." Apparently in the car on the way home from preschool Jack produced many variations "T is for truck." "M is for Mommy." and the like. Then when I talked to him about it later we played the timeless: let's think of words that start with the letter blank, for at least a half an hour. Nearly every time I came up with a word he said "GOOD one mom!"
Watching Alaster do his new favorite trick: Sliding off a high part on the couch head first with zero regard for his spine. He produces some pretty impressive acrobatics.
Reading books before bed. We don't have television in this new apartment and we are loving it. At night I used to relax and watch a few shows while the boys played before bed. Now we relax together reading books. I didn't plan this routine to happen it just kind of did. After we eat dinner and clean up or play for a bit they just kind of migrate towards the couch where we start reading. We do it anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes before bed. I look forward to it all day. They cozy up beside me and make me feel so blessed. Tonight at one point on either side of me they each had a cheek from their hot faces squished up against my arm. While I was reading I took mental note of how long it was lasting. I love little things like that. It's a time to be silly... it's a time to snuggle... I love it.
6 comments:
Attention all readers of this post of Ashlee's: Please note that I have made it clear to Mr. Jack E.R. Burton that all anatomical variations on said "C is for Cookie" song are too be strictly restricted to recital at home, in the presence of the aforementioned "Daddy" with express consent of the aforementioned "Mommy."
It's so wonderful being a mom. This post really made me grateful for those precious moments. We recently got cable for the football season and I look forward to the day it will be absent from our lives. Good things happen when you have to be creative for fun.
Oh Ash! I love your little fam! I have to tell you that I love how you make so much effort in taking time to cease the moments. They can end way too soon! I haven't had more than 5 TV channels for 9+ years and not having it has allowed for so many of those precious moments! I'm so happy for your guys! Give the boys hugs for us!
Cal and I read this darling post and just laughed and laughed and then almost cried since we miss you! Also, we love what Corey said...ha ha ha! Too funny! Cal makes up 'anatomical variations' for most songs too. ha!
Jack is so clever! What great mommy momments while you are reading. Isn't it great that reading a story can be so entertaining for a long time, while toys and other things are only for a moment?
I am commenting again because I miss you and I dreamed about you the other day. It felt like we really had hung out and it was a great time to be had. Do you remember it? I wonder if I was in your dreams that night...Love ya!
Post a Comment