But Baby, you hardly even notice
when I try to show you
this song is meant to keep ya'
from doin' what you're supposed to
like waking up too early
maybe we can sleep in
I'll make you banana pancakes
pretend that it's the weekend now...
and we can pretend it all the time...
Are you bouncing and hearing it in your head? I was bouncin' and bobbin' my head while I typed it.
One thing I super-missed while I was working at Great Harvest was making breakfast for my little family.
I made these guys earlier in the week with great success: all males in the household approved heartily. I loved it because there is no added sugar, no eggs=no cholesterol (is there cholesterol in PB?... if there is strike that comment about eggs), added protein from the PB, and the whole grainy, fibery goodness of whole wheat flour.
Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 small (I used one normal) ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 cup skim or soy milk
Combine dry ingredients. In separate bowl cream bananas and pb, stir in milk. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until well combined. These pancakes don't really puff up much, but the batter is thick so you will have to kind of spread it out with the back of a spoon.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
ooh thanks for another great recipe! And I loved your post about the P is for Poopy. We're just getting to the stage where we have to watch what we say because Jocelyn will repeat it.
Post a Comment