My History

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tom Turkey Spills His Guts


***Aly's contributions will be noted as "squiggle." Jack's will be followed by a (J)***
Libraries--Easily Excitable Kids--Squiggle Squiggle
Loving grandparents for the Boys on Earth and in Heaven--The Forgiving Nature of Children
Alaster's Unfailingly Happy Spirit--Jack My Wisenheimer Big Boy-- The Smell of Clean Boys
Two Boys who make sure that I am Awake and Alert--The Ability to Change--Corey's Selfless Attitude in our Marriage and the Service he Gives Me
The Joys of Motherhood--The Priesthood--Squiggle
Gospel (J)--To have Thanksgiving with Mom, Dad, Travis, Tyler, and Casey, I wish Jared could be here--The Adorable Mistakes Kids make when Learning to Talk
A Wife who Loves Being Kissed as Much as I Love to Kiss Her--Squiggle Squiggle (he said Mommy with that one)--Affectionate Children
Jack's Interest in and Love of the Gospel--People who Really Care--Body (J)
Mom (J)--Snuggles--An Unselfish Husband
Prophets and Apostles--Squiggle (He Said "Crackers," with that one)--An Artistic Husband
A Warm Home--Cell Phones and Whitney--A Wife who is Supportive and Understanding through all of our Changes
Squiggle Squiggle Squiggle--People who Share their Good Ideas--Small Affirmations of God's Love for Me
Books, So Many Books--Weekends with Ashlee and the Boys--That the Boys want Me for Comfort
Squiggle Squiggle--The Savior's Power to Forgive and Heal--Body (J)...yes again
A Crisp, Sunny Autumn Day and Totally Free Parks--Squiggle--School (J)
Two Completely Pure and Innocent People in our Home--Good Inspiring Music--How when you Make any Effort to do Something Good the Spirit Magnifies and Blesses that Effort
Dad (J)--A Good Boss--Corey's Forgiving, Give me the Benefit of the Doubt, Non-Judgemental Attitude Towards Me
Squiggle--Modern Medicine--A Husband with Strong Arms and a Perfect, Safe Hug
Corey's Great Taste in Music--Traditions and Love--Costumes (J)
Alaster (J)--Healthy Food to Feed the Boys--My Ability to Gain Knowledge and Grow
The Blessed Ward I Grew up In--Tom Turkey and the Joy He's Brought to Our Home

From Jack:
Some of Alaster's squiggles were larger, but Corey and I liked this little guy:

Tom Turkey was good for me... really good for me. I am too, too frequently guilty of the sin of ingratitude. I find myself always thinking the "I wish I had..." "I wish I was better at..." "I can't wait until..." "Why can't I have ___ too?!?" type of thoughts. I wish I wasn't that way, but I am... I AM!!!
Focussing on our blessings has been wonderful. I hope it's been an excercise that really has helped me change my thought patterns. I wish I could say I'm completely cured... nope... but a step has been taken in the right direction so that's good right?!? I am committed to doing better because seriously... we have so much to be grateful for.

4 comments:

coryshay said...

Love it love it love it! You always have such great posts. I especially love that Jack put in that he was grateful for costumes. What cute kids you have! And I can't believe Alaster can write so well! Your babies are growing up!

deemom said...

I know Nie Nie is famous and that is good BUT OH HOW WE LOVE HAVING YOUR TENDER SPIRIT post such lovely things to think about and dream about and wish we had done with our kids. Love aunt deedee YOU AND COREY are such good parents and partners.

Stephanie said...

How wonderful that your family was able to find such great things to be thankful for. Your kids have such a good example.

Cal and Whit said...

I loved this post! I love that 'tommy' turkey spilled his guts and that you shared. That was so much fun to read your sweet familys thankfuls! I loved every one of them. Also, I am SO thankful for you and those boys of yours! All three of them! Love you guys!