I know. Christmas should come first but this is easier... and I'm up for easy this evening.
So here we are on New Year's. New Year's Eve during Alaster's nap and while I was scouring the bathroom (one really ought to ring in the New Year with a clean commode don't you think?) and putting Christmas away, Jack and Corey set to making the festive Chinese lanterns you see pictured above. We hung them over the entrance to our living room. They colored the papers first with designs (unfortunately Jack's didn't show up very well on the picture) and then they cut (for a kid who loves cutting this was a good project), taped, and hung. I love that Corey enjoys doing these things with the boys like I do.
Alaster got this adorable sweater from Ed and Cindy on Christmas. Didn't he look cute NYEve? Snuggalicious is what I call that:
Both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day were spent at Ed and Cindy's. I did an absolutely horrid job taking pictures through the holidays so I'll paint a little picture in your mind. Picture the following:
A dining room table spread with all the food you could ever want. Veggies, cheeses, crackers, chocolates, salsas and dips, chips, desserts, sandwich fixins, salads, finger foods... everything. Oh! and don't forget the Burton Family Tradition of Wantans and Eggrolls! Ed even made me vegetarian Eggrolls. That was nice huh?!? I brought fried rice to fit the Asian theme.
Stimulating company... Ed, Cindy, our little gang, Tyler (One of Corey's brothers that lives in Chicago) and Tyler's best friend Luke (that he met in the Marines) and Luke's wife Amanda.
It was super relaxing. We ate, we talked, we played... just what a New Year should be.
Corey had to work NYEve but the boys and I stayed till 10:30 at which point Alaster had a melt down of massive proportions and even in his sleep could still be heard asking to go back to "a rom a rampa's," all pathetically. The next day we were a bit more ... conscientious... of his needs and left at a much earlier hour.
I want to really pay attention to all my little thoughts aka promptings... better than I currently am... and try to not suppress A-one of them... compliments that I need to pay, people I need to call, things I can do for someone else, things I should share... anything and everything. I sometimes suppress these thoughts occasionally because of fear or whatever, but hopefully no more. If you'd like to know the inspiration for my goal please read THIS wonderful address. It's excellent.
With sincere love and hope that you enjoyed the holidays-
Ashlee



5 comments:
OH Ashlee thank you for all the pics of you and especially that CUTE CUTE SHIRT!!! the nail polish is devine mam. Sorry to report that our neighbor was getting our mail in while we were gone AND your Christmas letter got lost!!! I WAS SO SAD to not read it when I got home. Aunt Shirley was telling me how cute it was. How sweet. SURE do miss you lots and love you tons. Love aunt deedee
I love love love that talk! I have had many long thinks about my personal ministry and not suppressing generous thoughts. It was exactly what I need to hear (Me, who is too shy usually to do the things that I am prompted to do).
And I love love the shirt.
And I looooooooooooooved your Christmas letter!! So darling, so original, so Burton. Loved it! Thanks for sending it to me! Can't wait for your book review, and point taken about Anne Girl. Thanks!
What a great holiday celebration. I love the lantern decorations! I remember coming over a few years ago. It was such a fun evening.
I never know where to even start my comment...um...the lanterns, darling idea. That pic of Jack and Corey by them is so cute, and the one of you and Alaster is darling too! I loved to see the pics of you! It has been a while, and I enjoyed them. You look absolutely beautful in them, and very cute hot pink nails! Nice choice to Jack for those! Too cute! Ohhh, that Alaster in that shirt, that is darling! ummm...I think that was it, but probably not! ha! It looks like you had a Happy New year, and I Love the goals!
Holy moses, those are the BEST resolutions ever. You read mine, right? Add a veggie to every dinner I serve? ...Yeah, IONS behind you, my friend.
...You inspire me.
Post a Comment