My History

Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Much Fun

Still not ready for a Christmas Post, but I would like to show you what Jack and I did one afternoon after Christmas.

We have been waiting and waiting for snow around here. Not a bit of it before Christmas, but on Christmas Day the Heavens smiled down and sent us a bit.

Jack had been wanting so much to build a snow man so that he could then savor the distinct pleasure of knocking its head off with his new "light-saver." (light-saber... thank you Anna from our Murray ward)

Here he is all bundled up and ready to go:

It's cold here.

Have I told you that? Really and Truly Cold.

I didn't even attempt to take Alaster with us. Instead we opted for some good one-on-one time. Me with Jack, and Corey upstairs with Aly.

Unfortunately the snow wasn't the best for snow man building... too much on the ICY side... no rolling possible... so it was a tricky thing forming that mini-snowman you see before you. He kept crumbling and toppling over. In the end I did most of the building while Jack drew letters and the like in the snow with his feet. I still felt like we were really playing together though. I sent Jack on a hunt to find the snowman some arms and when he could muster the spirit through the freezing cold air he helped with the building of him. His name was... predictably... "Frosty."

I'm bummed the pictures took so weirdly. You should have seen how red Jack's cheeks got! His little eyes were leaking tears it was so cold! Not long after Jack took Frosty's head off, and we threw a few snowballs at each other we went back upstairs for some hot chocolate and to gather round a little space heater Corey got his constantly-cold wifey to warm our freezing hands up a bit.

Okay so Aly didn't go with us, but I thought you'd still like to see what he looks like all bundled up too:

We're hoping for some more snow so we can introduce the boys to sledding. Can you believe that in their entire lives we have NEVER as in NEVER taken them sledding?!? What kind of sick parents are we to deny them that thrill?!?
PS: Dear Dad, Grandma Carmen, PaPa, Grandma Luella, Uncle Kyle and Aunty Natalie. Thank you ever so much for your phone calls last night. How I love the lot of you! And to Aunty and Uncle- please give my cousins my love as I forgot to tell you that on the phone. Actually... they may be reading this themselves I gather from our chat. Therefore a shout out is called for:
I LOVE YOU little (okay I know you're not that little anymore... excepting that Aimee) LARSENS!!!
PPS: CHRISTMAS and YEAR END BOOK REVIEW COMING SOON or MY NAME IS MUDD!!!

4 comments:

katers said...

Cute! What a good mom you are! I admit, I stayed inside while my Dad built snowmen with Parker last week. I wish my camera was working so you could see them....

Basically they were big piles of snow shoveled into one spot with a carrot, (that Parker made Poppy ask for like he thought I'd say no) right in the top and center of each snowman. There were three....Mommy, Parker, and Andrew.

Aren't kids all bundled up the cutest things ever?!

Unknown said...

So cute! I hate being cold but my kids seem to be immuned. Being outside alwasy means fun even with the cold tears, red cheeks, and frozen nose goo. By the way on New years eve day we built the biggest snow forts ever and the snow packed like a dream. Even though they were 3 feet thick and 6 feet high it only took 12 minutes for the grown men to topple everything. Owen & Summer watched while I made snowballs for the attacks.

coryshay said...

You have such cute kids! May the sledding gods smile upon you and your cute little marshmallows!

Cal and Whit said...

Those boys! Holy cow those pics of them are so darn cute! And what an adorable little snowman! What a fun memory that Jack will have of making snowmen with his mom! Too cute! Hooray that there was enough snow that he finally got to do it!