At 1:30am the softer lights of the night hit the gently falling snow making everything sparkle.
A million falling stars and a perfectly untouched, diamond studded, earthy floor. It was so romantic.
I knew what it looked like at that hour because I had stayed up much, much later than I had intended watching this:


I tell ya.
Those BBC people really know how to make me swoon. BEST on-screen kiss I have seen in ages. Butterflies all over the place.
After watching that, peeking at nature's performance outside, and having a quick late night phone-chat with Corey everything was romance and happiness.
But oh the harsh and unfortunate practicality of daylight.
The most pervasive thought in my head looking out the window this morning is how I have postponed grocery shopping for 4 days and there is nothing to eat around here.
Brave the snow before the snowplows have been for a visit or make do inside?
Ugh.
Oh well. It's still pretty... albeit somewhat less dreamy than late last night.
Not to worry though... just 72 days until spring.
When I'm feeling particularly chilled I distract my mind by planning our first-day-of-spring-celebration.
I have the theme and the menu picked.
Activities TBD.
In the mean time I am filling my cold days with snuggles under blankets, good books, thick socks, and warm comfort food. I admit Winter does have some amiable qualities to it.
Don't tell it I said so though.
What do you think the chances are that my boss will call and cancel work? Jack's school called and cancelled the day... so it could happen right?!?
Then we could go sledding... yay!
Hoping you are all warm and cozy inside....
and if you'd like a really yummy, winter appropriate recipe click HERE. We loved it.
7 comments:
I LOVE that movie. I showed parts of it to my students when we talked about the Industrial Revolution. And I totally agree with you about it being the best movie kiss. I first watched it a couple of years ago with Jenilyn and Jessica. We meant only to watch two hours and then to watch the rest later, but nope, we had to watch all of it. We were up until 2:00. Then I immediately went home and ordered it from Amazon. Love it.
I have only seen the end of that movie, but that kiss is truly amazing. Hollywood certainly has it wrong with their makeout scenes, that kiss is the kind that we enjoy.
Our book group read the book and it was delicious. We are now planning a movie night to WATCH North and South. Have you read Cranford? It is another Elizabeth Gaskell book, somewhat auto biographical too. love aunt deedee YOU KNOW the snack food in your 72 hour kit is MADE for a grocery emergency too. SO use em and replace AFTER the snow plow comes along!!! hahahahah love aunt deedee
I have been wanting to see that so bad!! I want to read it as well. I have it on the Kindle... it's like 52nd in line to read, but whatever. I guess I'll have to get it huh?
I agree with you, there's nothing quite like a night snow scene when no one's around. :)
Hello! I love your blog, too! Amazing. Do you like Dr. Musselman? It was our first meeting and he seems like a really great guy and doctor.
Beautiful! I've never seen that movie, now I want to. We have been watching 'old' black and white movies lately, something about them is so lovely, the women are how I think women should be, polite and sweet, and the men are gentlemen! I love them! Quite the contrast to the fast paced movies made now. :D
Oh I love your blog! It brings nothing but pure smiles! Love your two sweet boys too! You are such a fun and exciting mom! I agree, work or sledding...sledding for sure! Glad to read that all is well!
Post a Comment