The ones you'd expect: Family, Friends, Familiarity etc. Blah, blah, blah... you've heard it from me before I know.
But this week... I am ashamed to admit it... I have been thinking even more about those dazzling, thick, oversized, heart shaped, pink adorned, scrumptious cookies that happiness would taste like if happiness was a taste:
The irreplaceable Valentines Day Sugar Cookies of Schmidt's Bakery in Salt Lake City. I know there are actually 3 of those bakeries in existence but for me there is only one... the one in Sugar House of course. With the unmistakable awning? Yeah. That one.
OOOOHHHHHH! But those cookies are so good!
I actually ate I think 7 of them in one shift when I worked at Convergys and the project bought them for us. (In my defense it was my first exposure and I cannot be held accountable... I remember thinking of bogus reasons to head to that part of the room and then praying that no one was watching and keeping count... but even if they had been and I knew it, I doubt that would have stopped me)
I don't even recall getting a tummy ache. That's called delicious and magical all at the same time.
What will V-Day be without them I wonder? Should I try and find a replacement?
My loyal heart shudders at the thought. And yet...
I want a sugar cookie SO BAD!!!
If you are in Utah... go to Sugar House. Eat. Revel. Think of me. (and make sure you order in advance... they try to keep the store front stocked, but we're talking the world's best sugar cookie here... do you really want to leave that up to chance? I thought not.)

5 comments:
If you still lived in Utah, I would drive out to Sugar House TODAY to eat a cookie with you. To just sit and eat and giggle.
For me? Chocolate cake is a must for Vday. I just wish I could figure out the raspberry sauce they put on PF Changs "Great wall of chocolate". My cake is better, but not the sauce!
Wow, those cookies sound great. After reading, I thought I should go down and try one. Oh yeah, I am not in UT either. I hope you can still have a good Valentines!
I'm sorry you don't get your cookies. Do they ship? And last I knew you were still in Utah. Where do y'all live now? I hope all is going well for you and your beautiful, or should I say handsome (all boys), family.
-Tony
I grew up in Sugarhouse, but now the closest Schmidts is in Taylorsville. I thought you were referring to John Schmidt though, also a Utah icon.
dangit don't write about stuff in Utah..it makes me miss it too! and I love that posted saying your mom bought your boys the spongebob stuff...however the sponebobo thing was for my husband haha!
Post a Comment