What do you post about when you only have about 15 minutes to dedicate to blogging, but about a bajillion things to record... hmmmm.... think quick Ashlee....what could I post tonight?!?
Got it!
I have time to tell you 2 things: One important and one funny. Here goes.
Important first:
As a Relief Society Presidency we have been discussing the needs of our ward and the direction that we feel we need to take. As a result of much prayer and discussion ... and more prayer and discussion... we set a goal for our Relief Society to collectively give 500 hours of Community Service this year - running from the RS Birthday this year to next- March 2010 to March 2011.
We decided to use the birthday dinner to present the new program.
Our beautiful RS President Laura felt strongly about me being the face in front, and asked me to put the evening together working with the Enrichment Leader (there is probably a new name for that calling that I should know) and our committee.
Saying that I was nervous and scared for this assignment is a huge understatement.
For the two weeks leading up to the event as I planned the evening, and prepared for my talk/presentation I was a total wreck.
I lost hours and hours of sleep.
I thought about and worked on pretty much nothing else despite the fact that I was also scheduled to speak in church the Sunday right after our Thursday activity. Oh yeah! I didn't even start on that talk till Friday.
I obsessed to a point that surprised even myself knowing my natural tendencies and fears.
I was kind of hysterical... just ask my Katie. She got quite a phone call the night before our Activity... or Corey, who had to live with me during those weeks!
It's just that I cared so much you know? When you care, you really want to do well. I wanted the Sisters to walk away from our evening feeling inspired, and uplifted, and excited to participate.
I wanted them to "catch the vision," as Laura put it.
I don't know if I was able to accomplish that or not, but I sure did try. If nothing else the musical numbers were superb. Man this ward is talented!
If you would like a little peek at what we are doing you can check out the blog that I made so that we can track our year, and share ideas etc.
for the SOS blog click
HERE.
Under the header are two buttons that will take you to posts that explain what we're doing.
Corey designed the header... everybody clap!
Anyway this is something I have worked really hard on, and that I really wanted to show my family in UT and NM that I know are reading this. Love you guys!
Now to leave you with a funny story. A mental picture really...
Picture a wild little boy. Wilder than any little boy you have ever met, with wild hair and even wilder eyes. Picture him refusing to put on clothing and running around and around and around. Picture yourself letting him do this knowing that in a minute you will force the clothes on, but for now the older, calmer brother needs tending to. Picture yourself hearing toddler-bed jumping and standing up to take a look. Picture watching the naked, wild thing jumping up and suddenly losing control. Picture him putting his hands down on the edge of the bed for support mid-jump. Picture that plan back-firing and resulting in a loss of balance which causes him to do a full naked handstand, his back facing you, legs spread eagle and bum clenched tight. Picture him teetering in that position for a moment until gravity overcomes him and he unceremoniously lands flat as a disc on the floor. Picture him sitting up slowly. Picture a confused and annoyed look on his face.
From there I can't paint the picture further because my eyes were closed due to all the laughing. Seriously. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Probably not something I could do justice to simply writing it out but none-the-less desire to record for my own guilty pleasure in old age. Don't be too mad at me. The toddler bed is like 3 inches off of the floor. He was fine.
I guess that's all for tonight. Hope you're having a good one!
7 comments:
You're so awesome! I'm amazed at all you do!
OH MY GOODNESS!!! Cal and I are TOTALLY Laughing so hard right now! His bum clenched tight! ha ha ha ha ha! So SO funny! I am going to think about this and laugh so hard over and over! Also, It was fun to read your Relief Society post! :D
That wild naked boy is hilarious!!! I was laughing out loud as I read this post. Maybe he'll be a gymnast some day!
when i first started reading this post MY VISION WAS NOT SO GOOD and I thought you said WILD NAKED TURKEY. HOW DID THAT WORK. OH ASHLEE you did such JUSTICE to painting the picture with words. WOW I can just SEE HIM. ESPECIALLY THE BUM CLENCH!! HAHAHAHAHA I will be laughing all day!!! I am excited to read the Relief Society post. LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU ALL. Severe clapping for COREY.
love aunt deedee WOW WAS YESTERDAY SOMETHING.
Wonderful, wonderful- both the RS and the clenched bum!!
love you much
You shouldn't have been so nervous. There is no way anyone wouldn't be inspired after talking to you! I love the naked story. That will make me laugh all day today.
Tell Jack Happy bday from us even though its super late. I am still on the waiting list for The Hunger Games. :)
Post a Comment