These are the ladies that I have had the pleasure of serving in the Relief Society Presidency with for the past 3 months. We took this shot at our last weekly presidency meeting.
From L to R: Amber (Secretary), Laura (President), Linda (1st Counselor) and Me (2nd Counselor)
On Sunday we were released and I was put into a new Relief Society Presidency, this time as President. Linda and Amber were recalled to their positions, and we welcomed a new member, JaNae, to the group.
In the short time that we have served together I have learned tremendously from each of these beautiful women. They are all quite different, and have added to my testimony in equally different ways. Each though, has exemplified the attribute of love, and has taught me by their example. It has been a privilege to rub shoulders and serve with them.
I can't tell you how bummed I am that Laura is moving to Atlanta. She will be sorely missed! As I conducted RS on Sunday for the first time I became quite emotional as I took the opportunity to thank Laura for her service and her example. If only all the sisters could attend our meetings to see and learn the way that I have been able to from her! Laura was only President for a short time, but she accomplished much, and she served with her whole heart right up until the last minute she was released... and all this despite many personal and family challenges related to her move. She's a tiny little thing (she must have been on her toes in this picture) with a huge heart, angelic voice (wow can the girl sing!) and an inspiring testimony. I hope to do half as good a job as she did.
6 comments:
Congratulations. You will do a terrific job.
wow! congratulations! You'll do such a great job!
Wow! I know you will be an awesome R.S. President. Good luck with the calling.
Best of luck to you! You are definitely someone the Lord can use to help the women out there.
Yay!!!
I loved to see the pics of you guys! Congrats, what a neat opportunity! Those sisters are really lucky to have you! You will be the best!
Post a Comment