Someone to show you the ropes:
Whether it be by reading him stories and showing him things in books... or teaching him the finer points of becoming a superhero... or persuading him to disobey us because it's just so funny (you know... making him say 'poop' in the middle of a prayer... that kind of thing) Alaster has an older brother who is equipped and ready to
Teach Him The Ways.
It's cute to listen to Jack quiz Aly to see what he knows and what he needs instruction on. Anytime Jack (or anyone really) asks Alaster a question and he doesn't know the answer, he very quickly in a low voice says an urgent, and serious "okay," and prepares his mind for enlightenment.
Jack: "Alaster how old will you be when you get to go to preschool like me?"
Aly, with chin down, eyebrows pulled in, staring up right into Jack's face: "Okay."
and then the answer comes.
It's very sweet.
PS- No comments from the peanut gallery about the outfits. I took this picture early in the morning when I got out of my shower and found them like this. I hadn't a chance to dress them yet. Wish you all could have been there to hear Jack's story. He used such a grown up voice and it came out very official sounding. It took a lot of effort to not go tell him how cute he was and give him a squeeze. Instead I grabbed the camera.
1 comment:
Oddly, I'm so GlAD that your boys do things like say "poop" in the prayer. Where do they learn that things like this are funny? I'm learning that they just come that way. My two older are constantly telling Brigg to say things like "poop", "toot", "stinky", etc. and he says it and all three of them laugh hysterically! BOYS
Post a Comment