Alaster's hair was starting to get ridiculous.
His bangs were down to his eyebrows for Pete's sake. I was just gonna let it alone because Corey had made his feelings on this point clear, but then he brought it up and said it was time. It's getting nice and warm now and he gets so hot and sweaty that Corey thought he'd be more comfortable with a little clip.
The plan was to take just a smidge off. A tinsy, tiny smidge. I thought my home-hair-cut skills were up to it. I was wrong. Well maybe I could have done it for Jack who sits nice and still, but Alaster's hair cut took place in seven different locations throughout our apartment and took a little over a half an hour.
Here's the results:
I kept saying to him all day "Aly I miss your hair!" and he would pinch a bit up off the top, and say "I haaa some." (I have some) like "what's the big deal lady?"
Here's a couple of things we'll miss till it grows back.
The curls:
and the slick back, clean baby boy look:
I know you think we are crazy for caring so much, but I don't care. I should be posting more actual updates about the boys soon. It seems about time for that... yes? Yes. I'll do it soon :)
Right now I have laundry that needs attending to.
Nighty night.


7 comments:
The hair looks great. I love the pulled back look.
Ashlee, as my blog has somehow blown up in popularity lately, I am taking every actual friend and family member off my blog roll.
I can leave it on, if you want. It's just a lot of people have informed me that they are uncomfortable with their family blog being accessible to the traffic that is currently hitting my blog.
This does not mean that I will stop visiting your blog and commenting... I apologize for that.
Cute! I always close the curtains when I cut my boys' hair, because I'm afraid people will think I'm abusing my children! They NEVER hold still, and I have to pretty much pin them down! Good for you for being patient enough to follow him around the house. :)
Oh MR Aly looks so handsome and grown up with his new haircut. Hope that you all have a good spring that is not TOO sweaty and hot. love aunt deedee
He looks like a little gentleman!! (but of course you are justified in missing those cute curls!)
I totally understand missing your little one's hair. He looks so cute both ways. Thanks for the good example of being a loving and supporting wife with your birthday tribute to Corey. You are such a great example in so many ways!
Oh, that boy! I can't get enough of him, and these pics! I wish I was there to hold and squeeze that little face and that hair! What a cutie! He looks big with his new haircut! Did I ever tell you how much I love that Corey loves his hair soo soo much?! I LOVE IT! I think that is absolutely...Oh I can't even think of the word! It is so sweet to me. I was looking through some of my old baby books last week and sure enough, there is an envelope with a baggie of my hair in there...my mom loved mine too! This boy is just too darling! I can't get enough of his pictures! :D
ha! Just had to say one more time, I love this little boy and I love that hair! Too, too cute!
Post a Comment