As a father Corey is fun and exciting entertainment, a great resource for questions and problems, a firm and consistent source of correction, and a caring and concerned leader.
The boys really do adore him. Jack is always telling me things about "my dad."
"One time my dad.."
At dinner time Jack sits on the same time of the table as him, and he never fails to comment about it.
He wants to be the same as Corey in small and big ways... if Corey has a green straw in his morning smoothie... Jack wants a green one too because "Me and my Dad are on the same team!" or "Me and Dad match!"
And if Corey offers his opinion on something... Jack listens and adjusts his behavior. For instance he now no longer wears his boots without jeans no matter how hot it is outside because "My dad says that Boots look silly with shorts."
One morning I was explaining the different grades in school and ended with "After your senior year of high school you will be big and go to college like Dad." and he got a big smile on his face and said "Then I can sit next to my Dad at school!"
Alaster's new favorite thing to do with Corey is a special hug that they only do with each other. Alaster frequently does it in the morning when he comes to wake me up and Corey has just crawled into our bed. He wakes me up then climbs over me to get to Corey where he lays on him, holds tight and says "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." for a really long time.
Father's Day morning we did a quick craft for dad: A Happy Father's day tie. Jack helped cut, they both colored and helped glue:
My morning treat for Corey was by request: Homemade Cinnamon Rolls:
I also made Cherry Cobbler and Blueberry Buckle pies to take for the Dad's at church (pies are the tradition in this ward). Our home smelled delicious all morning and the scent lingered through the afternoon. I do enjoy a morning spent baking I must say!
Jack who is usually reserved when it comes to treats ate a whole one and wanted more. The next day he had 2! I was in shock! After cinnamon rolls we sang "Happy Father's Day to You." and gave him our presents. (which the boys brought out to him one by one -they were small things- from their room, much to their delight)
After church we headed to Gram and Grandpa's. We had a fabulous dinner (as always) and exchanged gifts. I also got to talk to my Dad and my Brother to wish them a happy F Day. We had a lovely time. Here's a picture of the Father's and Son's:
What lucky boys to have such a wonderful Dad and Grandpa!



2 comments:
Those cinnamon rolls look utterly scrumpy. :)
whoot whoot!!! You're back!!! Ok, where to start on my comments, um....I loved the pic of the boys at the end! Loved it, with Corey and Grandpa! What a great fathers day pic! Also, those cinnamon rolls, and those pies?!! Holy Smokes Ash!! They look delightful! Yummy!! I am glad that you guys had such an awesome Fathers Day. That Corey is such an awesome Dad! Happy Fathers Day to him!
Post a Comment