My History

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Toy Story

Once upon a time there were two little boys who loved to go shopping with their Gram.
On one memorable shopping excursion to pick out some sensible shoes the boys fell in love with a pair of shiny cowboy boots imprinted with some of their favorite imaginary friends on the side.
The Gram... who had strong inclinations to spoil as most Gram's do... bought the sensible shoes and the boots. She remarked to the mother of the boys that "they'll probably get sick of these boots in a week... but at least they will have fun for a while." (or something to that effect).
A year passed. The boots were now worn, a little too small, and definitely showing signs of great abuse. Through all that time the boots remained the little boys favorite shoe choice.

Then it was announced in the land that those little imaginary friends on the side of their boots were to appear on the big screen once more! The boys appropriately donned their worn and weathered boots and set off with Gram and Grandpa to attend a Saturday showing:

They had a grand old time with their Gram and Grandpa watching the show, eating candy, popcorn, and soda and of course... wearing those boots!
The end.

2 comments:

coryshay said...

I'm in a bit of a rush, so I can't comment on all your posts, but I loved them and I'm looooooooving that you're back! I've missed you, good friend!! I hope all is well, and I wish we could get together and bake together so we could have a good old fashioned chat! xo

Cal and Whit said...

That Gram and Grandpa are soo cool! I bet the boys just eat up each minute they get to be with them! What a fun way to post about this! Too cute!