One sunday morning I came home from a meeting at the church and this is what I saw:

He skipped a regular greeting, looked at me sweetly and said "I'm just reading to my baby."
And the babies have been with him ever since.

He has 3 babies to be exact. Two twin cows, and one special puppy.
Aly takes good care of his babies. He brings them on errands. He makes sure they have blankets at bedtime. He snuggles them. He feeds them. He talks to them. He protects them. And only occasionally does he throw them as hiiiiiggghh as he can... over and over.
At church he makes sure they are quiet. At the end of sacrament he looks at them kind of sad and gives me the charge: "You take care a my babies in Reesa Siety." Because he knows he can't take his babies to Nursery.
I really want him to name them but he just likes to call them 'baby.'
I tried to help once by asking if his baby was a boy or a girl... you know to get his mind going a bit... and he just said "Not a boy OR a girl. A BABY."
I continued to press the point and all he could come up with was "It's my baby Ada." but I think he was just trying to get me off his back.
Now I just accept it and call them all 'baby.'
I love that Aly loves his babies so much. Someday he's going to be a great big brother!
Totally unrelated to this subject, take a look at this pic:
I know it has nothing to do with 'babies,' but I just love it so much and I had to post it.
It's my blog. I can do whatever I want right?!?
Right.
4 comments:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again....I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS BOY!! He reminds me so much of my Drewbie. That is so stinkin' sweet about his babies. He will be the best big brother someday.
And I'm totally impressed with Jack's writing. What a (handsome) smarty-pants.
I'm not going to lie, I think your boys are the cutest little boys on the planet... and I'm not just saying that. Love the "Reesa Siety" bit
I love this post! He needs to be a big brother, BAD!
The other posts are cute too. We need a phone date?
Emily
LOVE THE BABIES!!!
Post a Comment