My History

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Handsome

Behold! A Handsome Boy:

We told Jack a while back that we needed to get him some new church shoes and a belt. He has also wanted a tie for quite some time. We looked a few places and didn't have much luck. In the end he told Gram and she promised to get some. Consequently every time we saw her, or she was mentioned in conversation, the question came "Did she buy my belt yet?!?"

She presented it to him on a week when his hair was kind of unruly and I had been planning to give it a trim... so that Sunday he had a new tie, belt, shoes and haircut.

We ooohed and aaahhhed over him and he was as proud as could be.

At church when a sweet primary leader commented on the new look he stood up, brushed his pants, looked up at her and said "I'm just being handsome."

And handsome he was!

Here he was being handsome after church scouting out lightning in a torrential rain storm we had that afternoon:

(Did you know that the rain here ROCKS?!? That's a pretty un-fancy word but it's all that comes to mind. I love it. The heavens sound positively Furious! Incensed! Livid! And the amount of water that pours down is unbelievable. It's Wonderful!)

Since Aly had a side note picture why don't we give Jack one too?

We have been trying to help Jack practice his penmanship and spelling. We give him little assignments that are fun and interesting to him. One afternoon Corey had him write down what he knew about Spiderman... and the picture above shows his work. (All done completely on his own and then presented to Corey)
I shall translate:
"He shoots webs, he climbs walls, he saves people, he's in a movie."
When I got home from work and Corey showed it to me I thought I was going to die it was so cute! Corey concurred.
Not only is Jack handsome... he's smart too!
What a boy!

2 comments:

coryshay said...

What a smarty pants you have! I thought it was just a bunch of random letters until I saw your translation below. He is soooo smart! And I love the new GQ look! He is adorable!

deemom said...

Every boy should have new belt and tie for the 4th of JULY. Hope your day was super duper. love aunt deedee.