Our friends the Fletchers went out of town for a weekend so we had the joyous novelty of caring for their pet lizard.
He was unnamed by them... which did not suit at all... so while in our home we lovingly called him "skippy."
The Fletchers dropped him off after the boys were in bed so they awoke to the best surprise ever. They were entertained looking at
The Fletchers dropped him off after the boys were in bed so they awoke to the best surprise ever. They were entertained looking at
him for over an hour. I got a play-by-play of all he did:
"Mom he's sticking his tongue out!"
"Mom his eye moved!"
"Mom I think he's going to come out of the rock!"

They really wanted to hold him... and I'll be darned if I didn't try to muster up the gumption to get him out... but in the end I failed. Jack attempted and failed as well. So we all waited not-so-patiently for Daddy to wake up because we knew he'd come through for us!
And he did!
I think the best part of watching him was when it was time for him to eat.
Skippy eats crickets.
They were in their own little case and we didn't have to touch them which was nice. We just shook them out of a tube and watched the action begin!
We were all suprised at how active Skippy was. I thought lizards just sit all day, but he moved around quite a lot.
Thank you Fletchers! We'll watch Skippy for you anytime!

2 comments:
Boys and the animal reptile world MIX VERY NICELY. Scott had snakes. He even moved the snake to Indiana but it died. That is the only thing bad about pets. They do tend to pass on. LOVE LOVE THAT YOU ARE BLOGGING AGAIN. I look every morning in anticipation!!! love aunt deedee
Skippy... ha! so cute!
Post a Comment