When we all met up at the house it was time for Ada girl to have a little snack. Alaster wanted to help, and Jack wanted a bit more snuggle time:
We were staying at our beloved Larsen's house and after Ada's quick snack we headed there for a scrumptious dinner. In the car Corey and I listened to a lively debate coming from the back seat of whether that movie is called 'Avatar,' or 'Abatar,' Alaster was quite certain it was 'Abatar,' and held his ground pretty firmly. (no we haven't let them watch that movie... what kind of parents do you think we are?)
When we got there, Nat had paints for the kiddos, and there was no lack of cousin entertainment (the Larsen home may as well be called heaven for Jack and Aly):
When we got there, Nat had paints for the kiddos, and there was no lack of cousin entertainment (the Larsen home may as well be called heaven for Jack and Aly):

We put the boys down for the night, the cousins went to a dance, and the adults got silly. It started when somehow through our conversation it was discovered that Kyle, Cal, and Corey all make faces that Nat, Whit and I disdain with all our hearts. So the stories came out of these awful, awful faces, and then of course we all wanted to see a demonstration. Each boy in turn did their face (once they could conquer their laughter that is).
That silliness brought on more silliness (which is usually how it works I think) as recent funny stories, and old family favorites came out... Nat ice skating and forgetting she had arms, etc. I haven't laughed that hard in a very, very long time. It felt good to be so hyper. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I laughed like that.
Then as teens trickled back in from the dance we played a game called 'What's Yours Like?' Have you played it? It was lots of fun... and more silliness ensued.
Friday was totally fabulous from start to finish. It was pretty depressing when it was time to go to bed... but... there was a wedding the next day and we all needed some measure of beauty sleep.
Saturday was great too. Stay tuned for day 3, and I'll tell you all about it!


1 comment:
OK SO THESE COMMENTS GO ALL THE WAY THRU THIS LAST posts about Friday day in UTAH.
WOW WAS is so fun to see you all and hug you and love on you and WISH WE had you back in our lives, BUT I know how Ed and Cindy feel having you all there. GRANDPARENTING IS THE BEST!!! I just got back from Maryland and Miss Margueritte's blessing and Victoria's baptism, IT WAS A BLAST!!! love aunt deedee
Post a Comment