After packing up camp we headed out to find a good hike. We found another lake along the way, complete with tiny minnows swimming near the shore and a swan:
Right next door to the lake we found the hike. It was fab. The boys were really tired after such a late night/early morning but they did great! Dad fashioned some walking sticks along the way, and we had several toad and many interesting bug sightings (PS have I told you the butterflies here are both abundant and brilliantly colored? We love it!) After the hike we found a spot to chow down on our trail mix:
The last big hoo-haw of the trip was on a paddle boat we rented at yet another lake. Very calming. Very peaceful. Very good workout. We saw an island and Corey made a comment about Tom and Huck. Or was it Huck and Jim? Either way the paddleboat was great fun. I think Jack especially enjoyed it.
Last but not least lunch at the playground:
How the boys had the energy to run around a playground at the end of our trip I'll never know. Although they were completely out of it the rest of the day and I put them in bed at 6:30 no complaints from either boy. Here they were on the slide going down together. "Mom! We're buddies! We go down together!" "Let's go down together again!"
We had loads of fun on our first trip, and can't wait to do it again. We want to try another trip when it cools off a bit. We're so lucky to have such fun places so close to home (Kickapoo is about 40 min. away from home) . And we're so lucky to have each other to go with!
PS- Happy Birthday Mom and Aerika!



7 comments:
You are the cutest stinking family EVER. Can I say how we long to be able to go camping with you guys someday? Wouldn't that be a hoot?
Ummm...Jack's trick with the stick looked super cool, I LOVE all of Aly's expressions in the pictures, and I have GOT to hear this story about your mom. It sounds almost as good as the grasshopper in the bathroom with the swimming suit one. Glad you guys had such a good time!
It was Huck and Jim. They holed up on the island after Jim "run off." Good collages dearest...It was a super fun outing. Next time we'll catch and eat squirrels, dig holes to "go" in, wrestle a bear and hopefully not sweat our brains out again.
You guys are amazing! I love it! What fun childhood memories your boys will have! What a super fun mom and dad you guys are!
p.s. it's c'est la vie, but I'm pretty sure you spelled it right seeing as we would say it with an american accent anyways!
I love the sticks and that pic of all three of your boys holding theirs. It looks like you guys had a blast!! It was so fun to get to see your pics and hear all about it. Love you guys!
I love Jack's socks. They are up to his knees:)
I love the collages! I can still barely attach a picture to my blog. It looks like you guys had so much fun! It made me wish you were closer so we could see you guys. I miss you, friend!
Thanks so much for the laughs and tears (on birthdays)
Love you soooo much! }:D
Keep up the good parenting.
So very proud of you.
Post a Comment