My History

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Pictures

Jack's first day of school and my first day alone with Aly:











Words on their way tomorrow.
Hopefully.
I'd like to tell you that it's midnight (it is) and that it's a school day tomorrow (it is) and that I'm on my way to bed (I'm not).
The real story is this: I borrowed a season of the Gilmore Girls from Cindy (best tv show evah... well that and SYTYCD) and Luke and Lorelai just broke up.
I cried, and now I need to watch one more episode because... well just... because.
And when I sit down to write Jack's first day of school post I feel it deserves my full attention so I am pushing it off until tomorrow.... hopefully.
I still need to prepare a dance class that I am teaching Wednesday morning, but after that I should have some time.
Did I tell you I'm dancing again?
Once a week for about an hour... I switch off weeks teaching with a friend...nothing fancy... but sakes alive it feels so good to move again.
At any rate I wanted to at least post pictures tonight of dropping him off- and of what Alaster and I did afterwards.
Toodles.

6 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

well...I may have cried looking at the pics! :D That one of you holding him, and him hugging and laughing with Aly totally had me teary eyed! We sure love this little boy, and can't wait to hear how his first full day of kindergarten went! Whoot whoot! It is very exciting and kind of made me picture it a bit more colorful with the pics! Also, I love you, and love that you had to watch one more episode so that you didn't have to end on the break up! :D Hugs from very, very, very far away!!

Rachel and Todd said...

I love his surprised face. It's priceless!! Those boys look so grown up hugging together. I bet Aly's gonna miss Jack. And . . . I LOVE Gilmore Girls. It's what my fatties (girlfriends) and I watched together through college. Loved it.

coryshay said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're dancing again!! Heavens knows I don't dance enough though I'm almost drowning in it day in and day out. It does feel good to just go and dance. So what are you teaching? Is it moms that teach each other?

p.s. I love the picture of Aly on the turtle-he looks sooo much like Jack in that one! What a crazy life! I can't believe you have a kindergartener! I hope he had a great day!

Hannah said...

Is it possible that our boys wore the exact same shirt to their first days of Kindergarten?! It's true! I'll have a picture or 2 up on my blog for proof soon. I can't wait to hear the details. It sounds like you have a full day Kindergarten? With lunch? As much as Sam would love that, ours is only 2 1/2 hours long and that makes it much more bearable for me. Also, gotta love Gilmore Girls!

Rebecca said...

YAY for dancing! Jack is so animated! I love the shots you get! Ella started school too, and I only just got her pic up! :)

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness, I love Jack's oversized backpack! It made me want to rush out and buy one for Koa just so I could take some pictures and laugh.

Also, I love Gilmore Girls and SYTYCD! In fact, every time I watch SYTYCD, I think of you. And I wish we could watch it together because I know you would cry with me during certain dances when Dave thinks I'm being silly by crying. Oh my dear friend, this post made me wish I could come watch Gilmore Girls with you, and of course we would be enjoying a big bowl of cookie dough while watching.