My History

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Utah Day Two - Friday, May 28th 2010

Remember we went to Utah? I WILL finish the posts about it. You mark my words.
Friday morning we got ready for the day and headed down to Cal and Whit's new house!

The boys had been seriously distracted Thursday night and hadn't properly been introduced to their new little cousin. Oh how they had been looking forward to meeting her! The first thing we did was let them each take turns holding her (with help from their favorite Aunty):

They sang songs to her, cooed at her, tried to make her laugh etc. It was so adorable. Can you tell how proud Jack was? They both just loved her so much. Alaster kept looking around the house for things that she "needed." He wanted to bring her books, and Phil's toys, and binki's etc. It was very, very sweet.

After the boys held her it was time to present her with our gifts. I don't have any pictures of that because it was a gift/performance really, and the whole family was involved, and our hands were busy. I found an old wand from my keepsake box and used it to 'bless,' her with things (you know... like the fairies in Sleeping Beauty). I had a little speech prepared and then I proceeded to bless her. With each of the blessings was a gift (which the boys carried over to her) and a card which Corey designed using FAIRY TALE ART THAT WE LOVED, that had the blessing written on it in pretty letters... that he gave to her.

So for example: One gift was her very first pink ballerina leotard/skirt combo and tights. I used my wand to bless her saying "May she always have an appreciation and love for the fine arts." and the card with the blessing written out on it had THIS PICTURE, because it matched the theme... dancing... Get it? We had quite a few of them. Some of them were totally silly like a bottle of stain remover and bum cream for which the blessing was "May the stains in her clothes, and the rashes on her bum always come out." and others were more meaningful... a blend of practical with sentimental if you will. I got a little teary with the last gift. We just could not be more thrilled for Calvin and Whitney.

After present time we headed off to the neighborhood park and school playground. Corey obliged me in taking some pictures because we were so matchy-matchy that day:

Then we played! Yes, some of these pictures I totally stole from Whitney's blog. Two cameras are better than one I say!

Cal was impressed with Jack's skills on the baseball field, and both boys had fun with Uncle Cal on the playground. Right before we left the park Alaster sang a round of wheels on the bus, but instead of doing the actions (which he always does... I'm not sure why he was in the mood to do it differently) He punched his little fist in the air to accentuate the words. "The WHEELS on the BUS go ROUND and ROUND" each of those emphasized words including a punch. Whit got a kick out of it.

2 comments:

Rachel and Todd said...

That is such a cute idea for the gifts--gifts with blessings and fairy tale cards! I like your matchy-matchy pictures. You two are such great couple

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous day! I can totally imagine being there and seeing you use your wand. How great to visit friends and family!